Print & Cut

Print & Cut

Postby creativeexpressions » January 30th, 2018, 1:39 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding print and cut.
I set my machine up a couple of months ago and my practice runs using an image (black shadow) imported worked beautifully.

Recently I had created a beaker shaped invitation in Illustrator and tried to import it onto Sure Cuts-Alot for print and cut, but the file would not import complete. Only portions of it would import. Do you have an idea what I could be doing wrong?
I tried saving it as a SVG file and then importing, that didn't work either, less of the image was imported that way.

Thanks

Anita
creativeexpressions

Cutter: Silver Bullet

Re: Print & Cut

Postby Gigi » January 30th, 2018, 2:58 pm

You haven't had your machine very long to be tackling print and cut...... but it seems that everyone wants to tackle it anyway! :)

I am a little confused by what you have shared so far. If you are doing a print and cut, the easiest way would be to save what you created as a jpg, import it into SCAL and then trace the outline of your beaker shape to have your true print and cut. Without seeing what you are doing, I am making a lot of assumptions. When you say portions imported, which portions imported and which didnt. Did you group the image? I dont use Illustrator and do the majority of my work in SCAL.

If you are just creating a cut file in Illustrator, you can send directly to SCAL by downloading the Illustrator add on from the Craftedge website and then you don't have to save and import. But again, I am not sure what you are doing. If you have the writing on the invitation too, be sure you turn the text off when you actually DO cut it or the machine will cut out the text as well as the fonts are seen as vectors too. LMK if any of this helps.

Have you thoroughly been through the Learning Center Classroom?
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General