Can't remove renu sheet paper backing

Can't remove renu sheet paper backing

Postby tomz » January 7th, 2018, 1:49 pm

Have tried multiple times to remove paper backing from renu sheets (from 2 separate sheets from 2 different packages). The paper seems welded to the renu plastic. The slick side can of course be removed. The renu sheets are 2 years old and have been stored away from sun and heat. Any suggestions?
tomz

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 15"

Re: Can't remove renu sheet paper backing

Postby Gigi » January 7th, 2018, 5:35 pm

From what you posted, I am assuming you have tried to apply it to the mat and the renu is not sticking to the mat so its coming right back up - right? Do I have it so far?

First of all,if you have not already done so, thoroughly clean your mat and let it dry completely. If you have stored your Renu for two years - it is still fine, but it does dry out over time (it is good for five years). You will need to use the applicator that came with the Renu and push harder because the material is probably a little dried out - but still totally usable. Be sure to run the applicator in both directions - horizontally and vertically with enough pressure to get it to adhere.

I have never heard of it not releasing so I am guessing that you are not using enough pressure and/or covering the entire surface. Again, also be sure your mat is clean and free of paper particles etc. You should be successful if you follow these steps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby tomz » January 8th, 2018, 5:39 pm

Thanks, Gigi. Seems to work fine, now. Appreciate your advice.
tomz

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 15"

Postby Gigi » January 8th, 2018, 7:33 pm

You are very welcome.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General