Computer doesn't recognize Silver Bullet

Computer doesn't recognize Silver Bullet

Postby acopswife » December 6th, 2017, 11:04 am

Has anyone else ran into a problem with their computer not recognizing their machine? I was in the middle of a cut and it stopped. I tried to restart the cut and a box popped up on my computer and said that my computer does not recognize the machine. I tried another computer and got the same message. I have used this machine for a long time and never had this problem. I am in desperate need of assistance as I HATE my Cricut! I have tried to reset my machine per the instructions given to me by the manufacturer, but it did not help.

Any suggestions? I have contacted customer service multiple times since July 2017.
acopswife

Cutter: SB-15

Re: Computer doesn't recognize Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » December 6th, 2017, 11:39 am

Should I assume that you are running the latest version of SCAL and have reinstalled that program to be sure the drivers are recognized. You could have another program interfering with the drivers being recognized. It is rare, but it happens and sometimes doing a full uninstall and reinstall will solve a world of problems. If you are plugging your machine into other machines using the same usb cord, I would also switch out the usb cord first just in case it has malfunctioned. I would try that first cuz it's the easiest - and then see if a clean reinstall of SCAL helps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby acopswife » December 8th, 2017, 9:51 am

I have uninstalled SCAL and reinstalled. I have Version 3 installed which is what my cutter came with. I cannot afford to get SCAL 4 right now. My computer still doesn't recognize my cutter.
acopswife

Postby acopswife » December 8th, 2017, 9:56 am

I also did the factory reset (turning on while holding the origin button down). Still no go.
acopswife

Postby Gigi » December 8th, 2017, 10:30 am

And you opened up the menu and chose the Silver Bullet as your cutter? Did you try a new USB cord as suggested? Still hoping it is that simple...

Gigi
Gigi

Postby acopswife » December 9th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Yes, I chose Silver Bullet, chnaged cords, did a factory reset and I keep getting the error that my machine malfunctioned and it cannot be recognized by the computer. I have un-installed and re-installed SCAL3, still no go. I have tried it on two other computers and still get the same error. Support said it was not their machine but a computer error. On three computers? I don't know what else to try. It's been down since July and I've lost a lot of money by not being able to create. I'm at a loss...
acopswife

Postby Gigi » December 9th, 2017, 1:46 pm

Several of us do support and I am not sure I agree with the determination, which is rare - but for the reasons you stated. It is happening on multiple computers. and I am wondering if it's the mother board because it was working fine and then just quit.

If this started happening in July, I am sorry you waited so long to reach out for help. Let me check a few things and I will post back.

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Silver Bullet Professional Series