inkscape files distorting when importing to scal4

inkscape files distorting when importing to scal4

Postby barnyardo » November 26th, 2016, 9:55 pm

hello
not sure if this is a bug but i can't seem to find anything related. i have created a number of files from gimp, to be converted and manipulated in inkscape and then saved as svg files to be used in SCAL4 in order to be sent to my silver bullet cutter as a stencil. i am using windows 10 platform. i am using inkscape .91. previously i have been able to open the svg files in scal4. all of the files to date have not been a problem but i just created a file today 11/26/16 which when imported to scal4, comes in with the dimensions skewed. for example a 6x9" object in inkscape comes in at 18"x500". basically a bunch of lines stretch vertically on the page. i have tried grouping, ungrouping, breaking apart combining, saving as png, plain svg, inkscape svg, object to path and no object to path, all to no avail. i have ruled out scal4 as i am able to open previous files and they come in intact. i also reloaded scal4. and may try redownloading inkscape .91.
please, if anyone knows what the problem might be. thank you
bernard
barnyardo

Cutter: prospective buyer

Re: inkscape files distorting when importing to scal4

Postby Gigi » November 26th, 2016, 10:36 pm

IN the SCAL menu, open Edit>Preferences. Under General, SVG DPI, be sure you have Inkscape (90) selected and not Adobe Illustrator (72). That will alter the size of your image. See if that helps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to General