WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Postby Gigi » November 6th, 2016, 10:50 am

Welcome back, Heather. Great to see you.

And your question was answered by Melanie - so you are good to go! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby FancyP48 » March 12th, 2017, 12:29 pm

New to forum/ NEW OWNER! I live near northern Virginia. I have been married for 32 years and I have a 15 yr old son. My bio lists my interests. I waited two years to get the Silver Bullet 24" machine after much research. I've watched a lot of video tutorials and taken notes for material settings by Ms. Duncan. I'm preparing to stock up my Etsy shop with handmade items made from the Silver Bullet cutter. PROBLEM: Although the email said I would be automatically registered I could not access the Learning Center. I got a reply email saying "registration denied". I don't know if I just wait or see if someone notices this message who can advise me. It's like I have this great present and I don't know how to set it up. Bummed. Happy to be a part of this community though!
P.S. I haven't figured out how to post I only see where to reply to comments.
FancyP48

Cutter: Model SD12038L1B 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » March 12th, 2017, 1:44 pm

I am the one who handles the registration. You are applying to the wrong place. Please double check your welcome letter for the proper information. If you cannot find it, please email me and I will send you the correct link. admin@silverbulletcutters.com

And please remember that Penny's settings are just guidelines. They can vary considerably based on which blade you are using, where your blade is set (use the setting tool) etc.

Welcome to the SB Family!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby bratkat64 » September 9th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Katherine. I’m an empty nester, so am looking for another hobby to try my hands on. I also love quilting. I’m hoping to get a gently loved silver bullet in the near future...
bratkat64

Cutter: Prospective buyer

Postby Gigi » September 9th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Welcome Katherine. I am sure you will find the machine that is perfect for you.

I saw your other post and checked out your issue with PM - the bad news is that I cannot figure it out. It is clearly enabled for all users and the PM button seems to show up for everyone but you. Well I didnt check all of the new people - just did a random check of members. Checked the admin page and there isnt even a way to stop someone from using PM. so not sure why you are not getting the icon. Will keep trying to figure it out.

In the meantime, feel free to send me an email about anyone you want to PM and what you want to say and I will be happy to send them messages.

Again, welcome!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » February 11th, 2018, 5:18 pm

Hi every one!! After being away for so long, I have finally decided that I need to get back to using my Silver Bullet!! My goal is to start using it to make some quilts using applique, and I can't wait to get started. I need to clean off some space on my table to set up my machine ( and remember where I put all my supplies). But I just loaded SCAL onto my computer, and need to do some test cuts to try to remember what I need to do. :-) Hopefully, I will have some things to share soon, and start participating in the forum more often.

Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby MeFlick » February 11th, 2018, 5:57 pm

Hi Diane and welcome back. Last I recall, you were getting close to retirement or just retiring from working at the USPS as I recall. Hope you retired and have been off enjoying life. Not too many of us oldies still hanging out here besides me and Gigi and then a few others who pop in occasionally. We don't get a lot of traffic every day like we used to - everybody too busy working with their machines perhaps. Glad to see you back and going to get back to using your machine. Pat has been doing some appliqué and a few others I think have shared a bit here and there. Perhaps you can find that in looking back through the older posts. Look forward to seeing you here some and seeing what you are doing.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » February 11th, 2018, 6:33 pm

Let me add my welcome back as well!! How nice to hear that you are returning. I remember you redid your basement into a craft/sewing room - right? ---at least that is my recollection which may or may not be accurate! :0

I totally agree with Melanie - Pat has done some beautiful things with quilts as have a few others. Am sure they will be a great resource for you if you need it. We are here if you need us too - just say the word!

So happy to see you again!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » February 11th, 2018, 7:37 pm

Hi Melanie and Gigi!! Yes, I did retire in Dec 2014, after 37 years with the Post Office. We did remodel and I have a large 11 by 22 room for all my sewing and other crafts, although my sewing has taken over the room. Dan and I went on a wonderful trip last year, for 3 months, to New Zealand and Australia, and can't believe it was just a year ago that we went. That was my retirement present to us. I have been enjoying working on my quilts and machine embroidery since retirement, although I still can't seem to get as much done as I think I should be able to. :-) Time just zooms by every day and it's time for dinner just when I feel like I was getting started in my sewing room.

I haven't used my Silver Bullet for years.. and I need to remember how to set it up again. Since we moved all my crafting stuff around, I need to remember where I put all my supplies for my cutter... the extra mats, blades etc. (And I hope I can find my cords!!) I took a class a few weeks ago, where we made some quilt blocks using Brothers Scan N Cut, and that got me motivated to get my cutter out and start seeing what I can do with it. I know I played around a little bit with fabric when I first got it, but didn't do much other than test cutting fabric. Now it's time to get serious about it. I have some software to help in designing quilts, where I can create entire quilt blocks to stitch out in my embroidery hoop, and it will save the files to cut the fabric, and even do some decorative stitching to hold the fabric together. So I'm anxious to play around with that and my cutter and see what I can come up with.

Glad to see at least a few people from way back when are still around... and I'm hoping once I get my machine set up again, I will remember what I was doing before and don't have to learn it all over again. :-)

Angel135612

Postby Gigi » February 11th, 2018, 10:32 pm

I think it will be like riding a bike - once you start again it will all come back to you. You used your machine a lot so you will be fine. But we are here for backup if you need it!!

I am eager to see your quilts and what you are creating. I love how beautiful quilts are, but I just dont have the desire to make one. I don't think I have enough patience! LOL And I am still too into card making and related crafts. I have a beautiful barely used Brother embroidery and sewing machine that I got when I moved here, thinking I would get back into machine embroidery for my grandchildren and on cards too - and it just sits there beckoning me! I think it is time to let it go - I hate that it just sits there when it could be put to good use. So super happy for you that you are using what you have and enjoying creating. :)

And thrilled that you had a chance to take such a wonderful trip. That is on my bucket list, but I probably won't get there. There are so many places I would love to see, but I should have started the travel years ago. Oh well - I will live vicariously through you and others and enjoy your adventures!!

Again - welcome back!! :D :D :D

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » February 12th, 2018, 8:44 am

Gigi,
What Brother machine do you have? I'm sure you would probably love to do machine embroidery, but it is a HUGE investment, in threads, stabilizer and designs and time. I have so many designs, I will never have time to stitch them all out, but keep buying more. :D I have created some cards with stitching on them, and that is fun. It helps me use up some of the tons of paper I have. But I would have to make a gazillion cards to use up all my paper... :D My problem is, I want to try everything!! And once I try it, I want to keep doing it, and have so many different crafts and related supplies that I can't find anything. When I get some quilts made, I will be sure to post pictures. I have a couple of projects I'm working on now that I need to finish up before I start working with my cutter again... so not sure how long it will be, but I'm sure I will start sharing once I start working with my Bullet again.
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » February 12th, 2018, 11:55 am

I have the Brother Dreamweaver XE (6500). I was doing a fair amount of machine embroidery so had/have the threads and stabilizers, but wanted to do more. But there are just not enough hours in the day!

Like you, I always want to learn something new and get hooked on the current "whatever" that I am working on. Right now it's foiling and cutting things out. But I want to get better with my stamping and coloring and cutting out, and hand lettering and - well - I wont go down that list because it would be a whole page of things I want to do. Maybe if I can ever get a block of time and teh push to really sit down with the machine, I can reignite my desire. But there are just so many things I want to do and for now, that is at the bottom of the list. I am sure if I had a compelling reason to make something, that might spark me - or not! LOL I just really want to use what I have without bringing too much new in (also a challenge!!)

We will get through this - right? In the meantime, good luck with your projects. First on my list is getting back on my blog and posting again - it's been a few months!

Have a great week. Enjoy all that you are doing!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » February 13th, 2018, 5:57 pm

Gigi, I hear you about not enough hours in the day. I thought once I retired I would have a lot more time to work on my crafts, but I'm finding that I still don't have as much time as I would like to have. I dug around in my stuff, and found all my tools for my cutter, so now I just need some time to play a bit and test cutting some fabric. I have a couple of quilting projects that I'm working on right now, and if I don't get those finished first, I know I will get sucked into spending all my time on my Silver Bullet. I should be able to start playing next week some time... at least that is my plan.

I made a Valentine card on my embroidery machine and thought I would show you one of the things I have done lately.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » February 13th, 2018, 8:13 pm

OH I love your card. Thanks so much for sharing. What kind of card stock did you use to get such great results?? It's beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

Glad to hear you found all of your supplies for the Silver Bullet!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » February 14th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Gigi, The card stock I used was Stampin Up, I had purchased a lot of that when I was doing more paper crafting. The design would have worked well with any cardstock that is about that same weight. The instructions said to stitch it right onto the card, and then cover the stitching on the inside of the card, but I stitched it onto a single piece of cardstock and then used double sided tape to attach it to the card. I think that looks better and I could have chosen to ink the edges or something. I also think doing it the way I did, was easier to make sure the design was centered, and not crooked on the card, as I trimmed the edges after it was done stitching.
Angel135612

Postby Gigi » February 14th, 2018, 7:44 pm

That makes perfect sense and is the way I would do it as well. Thanks for the info. I have a lot of redwork designs that would work great on cards - but...... time is not my friend!! There are just too many things I want to do, and then there are things I have to do - and that's an ongoing battle. I much prefer the wants over the have tos!!

Have fun - and thanks for sharing your beautiful card!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Adriennewot » April 19th, 2018, 7:37 am

Good morning - Adrienne from Lebanon, TN. I purchased a used 24" Silver Bullet with all the goodies. Since I already have SCAL 4 Pro, I am wondering how I can access the user's manual and other information without having to purchase the software again. I purchased it from Craft Edge as an upgrade from my SCAL2 in anticipation of purchasing a new machine, before I decided what I was going to buy.

Also, I would LOVE to get in contact with MeFlick if there is any way to do that. I live about 25 miles east of Nashville. Thanks.
Adrienne

"Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun."
— George Scialabba in Harvard Magazine, 1984
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/0 ... more-15588
Adriennewot

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby MeFlick » April 19th, 2018, 9:55 am

Hi Adrienne and welcome. I am not sure what you mean by access to the “user manual and other information without having to purchase the software again”. Are you actually referring to the Silver Bullet Learning Center rather than SCAL information? That would be two different things and not tied with the software at all if you are talking about the Learning Center. If that is what you are referring to, then I would suggest that Gigi or Sherri can tell you how you can purchase access if you bought a used machine.

I am Meflick as you can see. You can reach me here through the forums. If you use the messaging system, I should get notification and reply shortly most days. I am familiar with Lebanon, TN as we lived in Nashville for 10 years and I used to go antiquing there regularly at some antique stores in downtown Lebanon. I am now in the Knoxville area.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » April 19th, 2018, 10:00 am

Hi Adrienne -

Welcome to the forum. First of all , be sure the original buyer contacted Sherri and let her know that the machine was sold to you so the information can be transferred.

We have a $150 program for used machine buyers (see below) - but since you have already purchased the software, I suggest you contact Sherri to work something out. She is very good about that. You can reach her at Sherri@silverbulletcutters.com

OPTIONAL PLAN FOR USED MACHINE BUYERS

For $150.00, anyone who has purchased a used machine (Black Cat or Silver Bullet) from someone who originally purchased from an authorized dealer **will now be treated as a new customer. They will be sent a welcome letter with the software code and access to our learning center for continued help and success. If there is any warranty left on the machine, they will be granted that as well. The machine must be received in fully functional condition. We still recommend shipping the machine in its original packaging and insuring the machine in transit to ensure that it retain its full value.

We believe this will give additional security and peace of mind to those new users that are purchasing an authorized used machine in good working order.

**AUTHORIZED DEALERS ARE:
Sherri Jensen at That's Scrap Inc (US)
Dawn Grantham at Thyme Machines (UK)
Jo Babic at Cutting Edge Craft (Australia)

We are here for you. Please let us know if you have any other issues or concerns.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Adriennewot » April 20th, 2018, 10:45 am

Thanks Gigi for answering my question. I will contact Sherri about the learning center. Best regards!
Adrienne

"Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun."
— George Scialabba in Harvard Magazine, 1984
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/0 ... more-15588
Adriennewot

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

PreviousNext

Return to General