Merge, group, weld?!

Merge, group, weld?!

Postby peredaa » May 27th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Okay,

So I have created a pattern, but now I want to make two pieces one. I would like the pattern to look similar to this: http://kandrdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/colourq-challenge-118.html

I have tried to group them together, merge, and weld. But it just won't work. When I go to preview the only one you can see is the larger outline and the smaller one is basically non-existent.

I'll attach what I have done so far and maybe you'll have some insight on what I am doing wrong or what I need to do to accomplish my end goal.

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peredaa

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet Pro

Re: Merge, group, weld?!

Postby jobab » May 27th, 2016, 7:21 pm

Hi

You need to select the items you want to weld then go path union next go to effects shadow use inst shadow, adjust to the size you want
next select the shadow and original and go path back minus front.
Hope this helps, Sorry I couldn't upload the file for some reason.
jobab

Cutter: Silver Bullet,Silhouette Cameo,cougar

Postby peredaa » May 27th, 2016, 8:22 pm

Jobab,

Hmm tried doing that as well and still nothing. I'll try attaching it again, let me know if you still can't see it. Thank you for trying to help me!

Lexy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peredaa

Postby Gigi » May 27th, 2016, 9:07 pm

Try this .

Follow Jo's excellent suggestions, but do Path>front minus back That will give you this result. I think it's what you want. Sometimes you just have to experiment.
quatrefoil.JPG
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby peredaa » May 27th, 2016, 10:07 pm

Jo, Gigi,

Yes! That's exactly what I was trying to do. Thank you, Thank you! Now, off to continue playing with it.

Lexy
peredaa

Postby peredaa » May 27th, 2016, 10:13 pm

Ok. Another question. How do I get rid of the square as you did?
peredaa

Postby peredaa » May 27th, 2016, 11:04 pm

GOT IT! Thank you both again!
peredaa

Postby peredaa » May 28th, 2016, 12:20 am

Now that I've figured that out, with your help, I am now having an issue with the path. If you click on the attachment, look at the preview, the left lower shape does not have the proper path for cutting. Can I fix this mistake without having to reconstruct the whole thing? I have tried to ungroup and break apart. but then the interior shapes won't show up at all as something to be cut.

Thank you.

Lexy
peredaa

Postby Gigi » May 28th, 2016, 11:49 am

Hi Lexy -

Not sure this is the best way to do it, but it was the easiest for me. I did it in SCAL 4 but that shouldn't make a difference. I ungrouped the image, selected the inner shapes and grouped them separately, closed the inner layer, grouped the larger outline, then did Path>Union, then turned the other layer back on. Worked for me that way!

Sure there is an easier way; hope someone else will chime in. Maybe this will help in the meantime.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby peredaa » May 30th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Thank you Gigi.

That's how I made the pattern! :)

Thank you again for all of your help and advice.

Lexy
peredaa

Postby Gigi » May 30th, 2016, 10:45 pm

You are very welcome. Good luck!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby marsha » May 31st, 2016, 10:10 pm

Hi!!!!
I've a question. Everytime I pause or something happens that cause the SB pause. I've to turn SB off because there's no way for me to go back where I stopped. I have to turn the machine off then turn it back on again.
What should I do to not have to turn the SB off and go back where I was on my project?

Also Every time when I turn on SB it take seconds to turn on and
1- makes a loud "pounding" noise.
2- Sometimes I think the blue light "online" will not turn on because it takes a while to be solid on. When i say while it mean like 3 to 4 seconds.

Plus the large mat is not stick anymore and i used only 3 times and the stick was gone and i had to buy a new one ;(. Any sugestions on that?

I believe I should not have this pbs of turning the machine on and off plus the light and the noise I dont think its normal. Please help.
Thank you
MK keller
marsha

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro

Postby Gigi » May 31st, 2016, 11:21 pm

The answers to some of your questions are addressed in the Learning Center. Are you registered there? If not, it might help you get answers more immediately in case one of us is not around to help.

You don't have to buy a mat if the adhesive is gone - you can reapply the ReNu - again directions are in the Learning Center. The mats stay sticky for a long time - it may not feel SUPER sticky like when you first get it, but the adhesion is still there. Are you using a brayer to stick your material to the mat? If you are attaching your material correctly and it feels like it is lifting, then it is time to ReNu your mat. But before that, clean your mat really well per the instructions in the learning center as the adhesive will reactivate. I don't know what material you are cutting, but some pull the adhesive more. I honestly have not heard of the adhesive "giving out" so quickly. If the mat is exposed to humidity that could break down the adhesive more quickly though.

If your machine goes into Pause, the only way to get the machine to work again is to restart it. There is no quick fix for that. But it should not be going into pause on its own. Be sure your cutting is not out of the cutting area of the machine. Your material should be within the size of the machine, measured from the inside right side. So if you have a 13" machine, you want to measure 13" from the inside right. If you have a node out of that area or the material out of that area, it will pause.

Not sure I know what you mean by "blue online light". I just restarted my machine to see if I was ignoring something and the only light I have is the LED panel. What light are you referring to?

It should not be making a loud pounding noise when you restart it. Contact Sherri about that - or Jo or Dawn depending on where you purchased.

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help