Color Laser Printer

Color Laser Printer

Postby Catlove1023 » April 8th, 2016, 10:12 am

For those of you that use a color laser printer for card stock, which printers are you using? I recently purchased the xerox phaser 6022 and it doesn't have the straight path for the card stock to go out the back so my card stock curls up terribly and I was only using 65lbs card stock. Needless to say I am going to return it but I'm not sure which color laser printer to purchase that would work for invitations, various card stock 65lbs and up, and craft projects.

Cathy
Catlove1023

Cutter: 15" Silver Bullet

Re: Color Laser Printer

Postby Gigi » April 8th, 2016, 4:45 pm

I have been using the Brother 8350 color laser printer and it takes a lightweight card stock just fine. Had an HP color laser(think it was the 1315 but my son has it now - so not sure!) and it too was fine with a lightweight card stock.

For heavier weights, I have had to do a single manual feed. I am not sure that any of the laser printers can handle a heavyweight card stock on an automatic feed - at least none of the ones that I have used.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Catlove1023 » April 10th, 2016, 1:47 pm

Thanks for responding Gigi. The Brother 8350 is one of the three color laser printers I am considering. One thing I could not figure is does the Brother 8350 have straight through path where you can open the back and feed the heavier card stock from the front multipurpose tray straight through to the back? Everything I have read says this is helpful when you are printing on card stock to prevent curling. I typically use 65lb card stock. Are you happy with how color and text look on the Brother 8350 as well?

Thanks.
Catlove1023

Cutter: 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » April 10th, 2016, 2:33 pm

I haven't used mine that long, but it seems good to me :)

The way mine is situated on the shelf, I cannot easily get to the back to open it, but there is a manual feed from the front.

I got this Brother because I have the Brother monochrome that I use for foiling and it works beautifully and their prices are reasonable. :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Off Topic