Cutting cardstock

Cutting cardstock

Postby bgilmour » March 4th, 2016, 3:03 pm

I am just starting to make greeting cards and I want to cut some words to lay on top of things and also cut some SVG's to give my cards some "umph". I have no idea where to set the cutting blade or really much of anything about it. Can anyone help me with some beginner directions. I have plenty of fonts and SVG's and I have cut vinyl. I just have not delved into into other cutting medium.
Thanks so much. Betty Ann
bgilmour

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar 18"

Re: Cutting cardstock

Postby Gigi » March 5th, 2016, 1:20 am

It sounds like you may need to go through the learning center again and get a catch up course on setting the blade etc. If you are cutting out things to go on the card, you can use scraps of paper, be sure it's large enough to handle what you are cutting, and use origin so you would set the blade in the lower right hand corner of the paper.

If you are looking for ideas, browse through the Masterpieces category here as well as the Gallery tab and look at the different photo albums. A lot of users here have blogs - you can check those out as well.

I am not really clear what you are asking but I think you are looking for ideas more than anything? You will find plenty here. If I totally misunderstood your need, please set me straight!! I will try to help..........
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help