mat is too sticky.

mat is too sticky.

Postby youngcoffee » February 18th, 2016, 6:11 pm

I am a newbie of a cutting machine. I used the cricut 12x12 standard mats, everytime I used it, papers were stuck on a mat. It is hard to remove it. I forgot removing papers from a mat yesterday. I found out they wont come off well. Even my mat got scratch a bit, because I scrapped too hard.
I just wonder there is something know-how to do well? This is the first time I do paper crafting. Plese help me.
youngcoffee

Cutter: SB 24"

Re: mat is too sticky.

Postby janrichards » February 19th, 2016, 9:34 am

Take an old t-shirt or some other cloth and dab it on the mat as many times as necessary to take away some of the stickiness. You should purchase some of the mats from Thatsscrap instead of using those. They really are the stickiest I have ever used. It may take a while to get used to working with them and in the meantime you will destroy a lot of paper and get very frustrated.
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby youngcoffee » February 19th, 2016, 7:57 pm

Thank you for your reply, Jan. You mean the mats from Thatsscrap are the stickiest? I am not sure the stickiest mat is good or less sticky. So far, it made me frustrated to peel off the piece of papers stuck on a mat. T.,T I almost threw away the mat. awwwww
youngcoffee

Cutter: SB 24"

Postby Gigi » February 19th, 2016, 11:12 pm

You may grow to love the sticky as it helps you get GREAT cuts. To keep the paper from tearing, use a little spatula, credit card - anything to get under the edges and slowly work it off. It will come off beautifully if you just add in the step of releasing it from the adhesive.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » February 20th, 2016, 7:54 am

I agree with Gigi - you do have to have it sticky enough to hold the items you want to cut. Another tip is to turn the mat and paper over and peel the mat away from the paper rather than the paper up off the mat. This will help prevent the curling as well.

Actually I think Jan meant that the cricut mats are the stickest since you were talking about using them. Reading your initial post, I had thought you meant you were using them.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby janrichards » February 20th, 2016, 9:59 am

I did mean the Cricut mats. I love the mats I get from Thatsscrap and the glue sheets too. I try to keep at least one new one on hand all the time but I love being able to restick them and keep working!
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Return to General