Print and cut issues

Print and cut issues

Postby janrichards » February 8th, 2016, 1:33 pm

I am attaching a file with two layers, the snowflakes that I want to print and the outlines that I want to cut. After I print the snowflakes and get them set up on the machine I close that layer and open the outline layer. Even though it looks perfectly aligned when I do a preview in Scal it is not cutting anywhere near the right place. I have calibrated the machine several times but it is still not working. What am I doing wrong?
Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Re: Print and cut issues

Postby MeFlick » February 8th, 2016, 4:20 pm

First Jan since you have provided this as an SVG file (and I have not looked at it) let's clarify and make sure which program you are trying to use with the file? Are you using SCAL or another program?
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby janrichards » February 8th, 2016, 4:38 pm

I am using Scal
janrichards

Postby PennyDuncan » February 14th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Hey Janrichards....when doing a print and cut you don't want to close the eyes of either layer....you through off your alignment that way......if you're not wanting the cut line to show while printing you can do one of 2 things......you can change the cut layer to a CUT LINE in the tool section of your settings on the right side of your screen.....OR you can simply change the color of the OUTLINE of the cut layer to NONE the layer will still be there but you won't be able to see it....unless you do a print preview.......remember you DO still want to print your registration marks when printing your item so you'll have the reg marks to line up.....
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby janrichards » February 16th, 2016, 9:09 am

Thanks Penny, I got the same answer from Craftedge but I have to turn off the print layer or it tries to cut it out. I did change the cut layer to no color though and as long as I turn off the print layer before cutting it works fine! Glad to hear from you are hope you are doing well!
Jan
janrichards

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help