Before I buy...

Before I buy...

Postby IndelibleImpressions » December 10th, 2015, 2:25 pm

...I'd like some recommendations for the items to purchase so I get what I need up front. I am solely a paper-crafter. I work with up to 120# cover weight cardstock. I like to make invitations, greeting cards, and party favors and other paper products. I don't think I'll be working with vinyl, leather, or other thicker material. I think I will only need the 13" unit. My question is whether I should get the 60 degree detail blade (and blade holder), an extra 60 degree blade and extra mat. I do plan to get the table.

I currently use a Sizzix Eclips and wonder if that cutting mat can be used with the SB.

I appreciate all of the help - I am hoping to make my purchase by the weekend!
IndelibleImpressions

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Re: Before I buy...

Postby IndelibleImpressions » December 10th, 2015, 3:03 pm

I just saw a post about the blades and the webinar - I'll take a peek at that and hopefully it will help me with my question. Clearly I need to search the forums more before posting a question/issue that may have already been addressed ;)
IndelibleImpressions

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Re: Before I buy...

Postby Cbholland » December 12th, 2015, 11:54 pm

Welcome! I only use mine for paper cutting (8.5 x 11 sheets) so I went with the 13" and just love it! I use my machine on average 50 times a day and have no complaints! I like having the extra mats because I cut a lot so I can have one mat ready to go as soon as the other one is finished cutting. I wish I would have purchased more when I bought the actual machine so I didn't have to keep paying shipping for new ones! I have been using only the 45 degree blade and it's been great for me. I cut stickers that can be quite small and it's been perfect. I would suggest getting some extra re-nu if you will be using your machine often. They are awesome! When you buy the machine it comes with some but I wish I would have purchased more with the initial order! :)
http://www.stickerpalooza.com
Make the Cut is my jam
The Print and Cut Master....or so I think! ;)
Cbholland

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet

Return to General