Cutting Mat Too Sticky

Cutting Mat Too Sticky

Postby shebebrand » August 26th, 2015, 12:12 pm

I just started using my Silver Bullet cutter and every time I cut something the cutting mat is tearing the paper and ruining my designs. Any suggestions for dealing with this? Thanks!
shebebrand

Cutter: Silver Bullet Professional

Re: Cutting Mat Too Sticky

Postby MeFlick » August 26th, 2015, 12:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. Have you registered for the SB Learning Center? There is a FAQ section there that I know addresses this and similar questions that new users have. This is a common problem for new users and why they created the FAQ document and others in the Learning Center.

You can also do a search here on the forum to review similar type questions and answers provided.

In general, you probably have too much force, or blade, etc. review the FAQ section in the LC and see if you can find what you need to explain what to check and adjust. Once you have done that, search the forum as needed for additional information.

If after that, you still have questions or problems let us know and we can try to help further.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » August 26th, 2015, 12:53 pm

Thanks Mel - yes it is a common question and has been answered a lot on here. Besides all of the suggestions to unsticky the mat, be sure you don't pull the paper off the mat - use a little spatula or something similar to release it from the mat and then it should pull off easily. You will soon realize how much you appreciate the stickiness for getting good adhesion and thus good cuts.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby skant1 » October 16th, 2015, 3:04 pm

Hello,

I also brought 24" SB machine. Mat is too sticky. The cut was very nice but when I tried to take it out it was too tough to do that. I tried to take out 4 bikes with a lady sitting on that. All the wheels were broken and my whole project was gone. I read the forum and tried to take out with flat spatula but it didn't work. After that small pieces are still all over the mat and I cannot remove it.......as soon as I remove it again sticks to other place. Please help .......I already spent 7-8 hours reading and figuring out things. Please suggest me what to do.

Also, can someone tell me how to calibrate print once on cut settings for Print and Cut?

Thanks, Sadhana
skant1

Cutter: 24 in cutter

Postby Gigi » October 16th, 2015, 4:25 pm

You never want to pull your material off the mat. Use a spatula or thin credit card or something like that to break the adhesive bond and it will come off beautifully. I have removed tissue paper without it tearing - but you have to just loosen it first. And yes - you will have little pieces that were cut out stuck on the mat - that is the beauty of it - just scrape them off onto the spatula and toss them out or hold the mat over the trash can and push them off that way. I usually just scoop them up and throw them out. The beauty of the pieces staying is, depending on the design. you can pull them off and have another image that is the negative of what you just cut, depending on what the image is.

As stated all through the forum, you can also use a cotton t-shirt or cloth to blot some of the sticky off (personally I love it sticky but some do not). But I still always use a small spatula to remove my projects.

The print and cut is explained in the learning center. There is also an excellent video on it in the webinar section under broadcasts. You are a very new user based on when you joined the forum, and we don't recommend jumping into print and cut this early because it does take a good basic knowledge of the machine. Take it slow.

And I know 7-8 hours may seem like a lot of time, but it really isn't. Just work through the steps slowly and it will all come together. It just takes time. Go for the little successes first and build on those. It will save a lot of frustration down the line. Good luck.

Here is the link to the print and cut video when you are ready. viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5837#p94824
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help