Another Wedding!

Another Wedding!

Postby MendyRap » September 12th, 2015, 11:54 am

I am trying to start a business for invitations and weddings and such. So far it's been 3 weddings and not one paying job yet! Lol! I have waaaaayyyy to much family and friends! Anywho, here are my lastest "jobs".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MendyRap

Re: Another Wedding!

Postby Gigi » September 12th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Those are stunning! You need to start charging your family and friends! What beautiful work. They must have been thrilled!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » September 12th, 2015, 1:03 pm

I agree - beautiful work and definitely charge those family and friends too. ;) Would they do anything "free" for you and yours like this if they could? ALSO, even if you aren't making them pay YOU for your time and talents - I hope that you are at least making them pay for the materials (which includes pricing in new mat and blades which are "consumables". ;)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby MendyRap » September 12th, 2015, 5:10 pm

Gigi MeFlick Thank you both so much! A lot of hard work went in to these and since I am relying on praise as payment I TRULY appreciate both your kind words. I have been paid for some supplies but the "bracket" invitation I did as her wedding gift, and she LOVED them! The same bride got the guest book and her Mother said it was her favorite part of the wedding. And since she owns a floral/gift shop she said that I could hang one in her shop to make orders.

That brings to mind MeFlick you sell you stuff too don't you? The reason I ask is I would like to make a template of the tree to use again and again instead of vinyl. Do you know of anywhere to get LARGE template or template like material to cut?
MendyRap

Postby Sharon » September 12th, 2015, 5:12 pm

Beautiful!
Sharon

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Postby MendyRap » September 12th, 2015, 9:44 pm

Sharon Thank you so much!
MendyRap

Postby 4children » September 13th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Just gorgeous! I am sure you will have no trouble finding clients. Beautiful job!
Happy owner of a 24" Silver Bullet!
http://alliescraftgarden.blogspot.com
Pam in Concord, CA
4children

Cutter: 24 inch silver bullet

Postby pigtailpat » September 14th, 2015, 5:21 am

take those photos and put them up on etsy.com and your business will TAKE OFF!! Then, after you have some money in your pocket, get a website and do more business. Another idea is to cut and do some samples and go to one of the weddings shows as a vendor (you might have to pay to get a table - it's an investment).

I urge you to do this with all seriousness. Your talent is amazing.

Best wishes.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby MeFlick » September 14th, 2015, 7:37 am

MendyRap - what I have sold in the past were usually t-shirts and things done with HTV and other items that I do with sublimation and such. So I have never really cut and reused a template of a large size. Way back a long time ago - (I will have to see if I can find the old info. about it) I did do a test cut of some fairly thick media on my BC Cougar for someone looking at the cutters to cut the material for their use in painting on large rocks as I recall. I do know the cutter was able to cut through it.) You might also check local art supply stores (think a College University book store if they also have an art supply dept., Dick Blick's if one in your area (or shop DB's online), or I have a Jerry's Artarama) for a large stencil type media. You can also check in a local Hobby Lobby if you have one there as they do sell some bigger media and papers. Meanwhile, I will see if I can find the old thread or notes of the material I test cut.

Did perusal back through all the old posts I had ever commented on and couldn't find the one I was looking for. However, I know it was a sandblast resist material. It comes in a variety of different thicknesses, "stickiness", etc. Here are a couple of places to get some "information" from:

http://www.discountsignsupplies.com/pro ... t-stencil/
http://www.granitesalesandsupply.com/ht ... plies.html
http://www.uscutter.com/Sandblast-Mask-Stencil
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... ast+resist

You could also check local stores like Joanne's or HL for large sheets of quilters template plastic or stencil sheet material perhaps.

Just a couple of ideas of some things that might work for you. I am thinking about getting some sandblast material and try on some rocks I think. Found this old thread in my perusal and reminded me of wanting to give that a try sometime.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5361
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby MendyRap » September 14th, 2015, 2:05 pm

MeFlick Thank you, great information! I have been looking in stores and the internet just wasn't sure WHAT I was looking for! Lol!
MendyRap

Postby MichelleMyBelle » October 13th, 2015, 5:19 pm

Mendy, very nice work!!
MichelleMyBelle

Cutter: Pro 18, Foil Master, Platinum 24"

Postby MendyRap » October 13th, 2015, 11:16 pm

mIchelleMyBell That's very nice of you to say, thank you!
MendyRap

Postby LimaDesigns » November 24th, 2015, 7:53 pm

really beautiful, you deserve to be well paid for your work!
i loved that glitter paper, do you remember at what tracking settings u had your machine set at when you cut it? thanks
LimaDesigns

Cutter: SB 13"

Postby MendyRap » November 25th, 2015, 10:20 am

LimaDesigns Thank you so much, I'm starting to see some paid jobs but I really don't charge enough.

The gold glitter paper was THICK and that cannot be understated, THICK! I Ended up having to set it at 150 force, slower speed 300ish and double cut, I believe. That paper was the BANE of my existance! Lol!

BTW I have the Black Cat and the Silver Bullet might have handled it better, I wouldn't know. As it was the presser wore out the threads on my clamp on the blade holder!
MendyRap

Postby EventsWithVision » January 22nd, 2016, 12:57 pm

Those are Beautiful!!, what material did you use for the letters CARDS.
EventsWithVision

Cutter: 13"

Postby MendyRap » January 22nd, 2016, 1:28 pm

eventswithvision Thank you! The cards letters I used heavy weight white poster board and then the glitter paper over it. That way the back just showed up white. But, the glitter paper she picked out was a large round gold/silver glitter that was sooooooo thick I could barely cut it with one pass. All in all, the letters turned out nice and professional looking and THICK and stiff! Lol!
MendyRap

Return to Masterpieces