Please help --- extra cuts!!!

Please help --- extra cuts!!!

Postby nannie4 » February 5th, 2015, 8:16 am

Hi, Everyone. It's been quite awhile since I've been here because things have been going swimmingly with my SB, Ariana. :) However, this morning I'm having a very frustrating problem. I'm cutting the high heel shoe from SVGCuts Love Always file. Yesterday it cut perfectly. This morning slash lines are being cut into one section of the file -- the shoe piece numbered 2. My IT support (husband and daughter :)) suggested that I shut everything down, reboot and try again. Nothing changed. Any suggestions? :banghead: :banghead:
nannie4
Die-cutting counts as exercise.....right?
nannscraftinest.blogspot.com
nannie4

Cutter: SB 13, SCAL 5 Pro, Windows 10

Re: Please help --- extra cuts!!!

Postby Gigi » February 5th, 2015, 10:46 am

Try a machine reset. That cures almost everything. When you have an issue, always give that a try as it is so easy to accidentally hit a button that throws the machine numbers off and creates havoc in cuts! Hope the fix is that easy!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby nannie4 » February 5th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Thanks, Gigi for your prompt reply, as always. When my IT support (hubby) returned this morning, he watched Ariana cut the file twice. He concluded that the cutting mat is warped where the slashes were occuring, so the blade couldn't get over the hump in the mat without leaving cut marks as it travelled to the next cutting line. To prove his point, I dragged out an eClips cutting mat, and cut the file again. Bingo! So now I feel sheepish :hide: but happy :) I can continue to work on my Valentine projects while I order and wait for mats from Sherry. Thanks again, Gigi
nannie4
Die-cutting counts as exercise.....right?
nannscraftinest.blogspot.com
nannie4

Cutter: SB 13, SCAL 5 Pro, Windows 10

Postby Gigi » February 5th, 2015, 6:07 pm

Oh ok - good. The way you were describing it sounded like something else! Glad it was just a tired mat!! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Omyn » November 28th, 2015, 11:17 am

My machine does this when I switch "pages" on SCAL4 whilst the machine is already cutting (after that window that tells you the cut file was sent to the machine). However, I use a dual monitor system, if I click out of SCAL and browse the web etc, it doesn't effect the cut.. only when I change between pages (tabs) on a project and the machine is already running. I hope it helps. :)
Omyn

Cutter: Silver Bullet 18"

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help