Rhinestone shirt

Rhinestone shirt

Postby otrbanks » September 15th, 2013, 8:51 am

Sherri got me into rhinestones when I was purchasing my 24" Silver Bullet, here is a pic of a shirt I did. BEWARE! Rhinestones are very addictive! I now have lots of stones, rhinestuds, sticky flock and transfer tape, it is a whole new addiction! LOL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tammy Jennings
http://tammyjennings.blogspot.com
18" Cougar "Kitty" is here!!!
otrbanks

Cutter: 24" SB & 18" BC

Re: Rhinestone shirt

Postby Gigi » September 15th, 2013, 9:41 am

That is beautiful, Tammy. Just enough bling and elegant. Love it!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Retta » September 15th, 2013, 10:24 am

That is great!!!
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby kim » September 15th, 2013, 10:43 am

LOVE it!!!! Is that a purchased template or one you designed? I have a niece...actually several..that would LOVE to have a shirt like that! And, yes, rhinestones are VERY addicting!!!
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby LisaH » September 15th, 2013, 10:55 am

That looks fantastic!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Elizabeth » September 15th, 2013, 1:20 pm

Wow! That is awesome. You ladies sure make it hard to avoid rhinestones. I have too many addictions as it is.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » September 15th, 2013, 3:28 pm

I am with you, Elizabeth. I am trying SO hard not to be too interested!! LOL

Gigi
Gigi

Postby whizzy » September 15th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Looks lovely!
www.scrapsofstuff.com
Mac OS X 10.9, Windows 7
Inkscape, Signcut Pro (with dongle) & Scal3  tiny bites! )
whizzy

Cutter: 18" Cougar

Postby MeFlick » September 15th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Great job. I am pretty sure I have all the tools I need (including lots of rhinestones and the sticky flock), just haven't gotten around to it yet. (It helps that my DD is not one for "bling" I suppose!) Plus, I figure I don't need yet one more addiction right now so have kept avoiding it! (The one time I did try, I cut the holes to little for the rhinestones to brush into the design! :( )
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Soraya » September 15th, 2013, 11:36 pm

the shirt looks amazing!
Soraya

Cutter: Black Cat 15"

Postby rachellann » September 16th, 2013, 4:27 pm

Yes Rhinestones are very addictive.
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby Lynzianne » March 16th, 2016, 2:01 pm

I feel silly for asking, but what is needed/steps for rhinestones?
Lynzianne

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24 Pro

Postby Gigi » March 16th, 2016, 3:00 pm

It's very basically mentioned in the first post of this thread - rhinestones, sticky flocking and transfer tape and heat. Those doing a lot of it have purchased heat presses. You also need a design that you can buy or make with software and you cut it out of the flocking. That's the short answer because I don't do it - I don't want another addiction!! If you do a search on this forum for rhinestones or rhinestone templates or any part of it, you will get a ton of threads. There are a quite a few people who just do rhinestoning - like Suzan, but not sure how much time she has to get on here. She is probably one of the rhinestone gurus.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby MeFlick » March 16th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Since you just joined a few months ago and list that you have a Silver Bullet 24" cutter, I am going to assume that you are using SCAL with your cutter (since that is what ships with it). If you have SCAL, it has a rhinestone feature that lets you create rhinestone designs. However, you may need to do some "editing" work to get it to look its best. (Editing meaning moving stones around, deleting some, etc.) You can also buy pre-made rhinestone designs if you don't want to make your own. You need to know what stone size(s) you intend to use before you create the design. Usually, you create/cut with a size or two larger then what you intended to use to ensure that they can be brushed into your design. Once you have your design in SCAL, you cut it out the same you would any other design. There is various types of "flock" that most use to cut their design from. However, others do use other things, especially if it is a "one and done" type of design. Basically you are creating a "template" to brush the stones into for your design. Then you need to be able to "transfer" the rhinestone design from the template to the object/item you are wanting to put it on. The type of rhinestones used depends upon what you are wanting to put the design on. There are some rhinestones that have sticky on them that require heat to set, some others don't. If yours require heat, you will need a heat press or an iron to set the design.

To learn all about the tools and materials needed to create a rhinestone design and transfer it, I would highly recommend that you google around and search for sites that sell rhinestone materials and such and check out their learning sections/tutorials, etc. They can give you the best and most up to date information on what is needed as far as supplies and such. I am sure there are also plenty of youtube videos that can be found that show you how to do a rhinestone design. Once you have the basic idea/information, let us know if you have any specific questions related to using the cutter and SCAL to cut out a rhinestone design.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » March 16th, 2016, 4:11 pm

Thanks Melanie for giving such a thorough response... :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » March 16th, 2016, 11:51 pm

Thank you for the lovely compliment Gigi, I am hardly a guru. Actually I have shyed away from Rhinestones, I just don't have the time to learn to design anymore. The grandbaby will be here in less than 7 weeks, I can't believe how fast time has flown. I can recommend though, joining one of the rhinestone groups on facebook. One of the really great ones is Blingcraftography. Sandy Jo Pilgram owner of Rhinestonetemplates.com has some wonderful youtube videos and she is one of the admins of that group. There are a lot of great vendors. The silver bullet skims thru the sticky flock like butter no problem. I do always have it do a double cut just because it is so sticky sometimes the dots or holes don't want to cooperate. It is fun. Before investing a ton of money in the software, like corel draw and one of the macros I use TRW's rhinestone macro. and of course you can do stones in SCAL (although I don't use scal). You can purchase templates or files, you can even purchase transfers from vendors such as Sandy Jo so all you have to do is press them. Another great group is Club Rhinestone. Steve Grimes is an amazing designer, He has done several complicated designs for me. And the group is fairly nice.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » March 17th, 2016, 12:20 am

Thank you Suzan for the additional help. OMG - I cannot believe the grandbaby will be here in seven weeks! Where has the time gone? You all must be so very excited.

Please keep us posted on the upcoming event!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » March 18th, 2016, 1:00 am

Excited beyond my wildest dreams. I really can't believe how fast it has gone. And she is one of those cute pregnant girls that doesn't even look pregnant from behind. But in the front it looks like she ate a basketball. She is feeling great, except for the sore ribs, heartburn, and this baby loves to move about. At the last ultradound in Hi Def, we got some great views, and they say she has a ton of hair. Can't wait to see her.
P.S. didn't mean to rob the thread.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » March 18th, 2016, 9:08 am

You didn't rob the thread - it's great news. I can only imagine how thrilled you all are and to be right there with her through all of it - what a bonus. That is going to be one well spoiled little girl - as she should be!!

Enjoy every moment. I know you will. They grow up so fast. It seems like Carter was just born yesterday and he is almost 14 months old. I have loved every stage of him, but he is all boy now - so little baby left :( Just too fast!!

Have fun!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby janrichards » March 19th, 2016, 9:04 am

I have avoided this so far but Synergy17.com gives away a free font on the 17th of every month. Nice job on the shirt, I'm not much of a bling person either!
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Return to Masterpieces