Card Challenge begins January 13th - Please read

Card Challenge begins January 13th - Please read

Postby kathybessey » January 6th, 2012, 3:19 pm

I am hosting a Every day card challenge starting January 13th through January 22nd. The challenges will be post at 8:00 AM Mountain Time and will end at 9:00 PM Mountain Time on January 22nd.

There will be a prize for each challenge. Listed below are the people providing challenges and also the list of people providing prizes that have confirmed these with me.

I am short on challenges at this point - if anyone else would like to provide a challenge please contact me.

Challenges:
1. KathyB
2. KathyB
3. Suzan
4. CeCe
5. Elizabeth
6. Elizabeth
7. CeCe
8. Michelle
9. Suzan
10. KathyB

Prizes:
1. KathyB
2. Suzan
3. Cece
4. Dawn
5. Elizabeth
6. Elizabeth
7. Allandra42
8. SVG Cuts/Punkin Patch Stamps
9. Tyler
10. Pat (Pigtailpat)
Last edited by kathybessey on January 9th, 2012, 8:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
kathybessey

Re: Card Challenge begins January 13th - Please read

Postby CeCeCreates » January 6th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Well, if need be, I suppose I can come up with a second challenge. Now mind you, I don't have have the first one done yet! LOL! But, I work well under pressure! :ROFLMBO: :hide:
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby kathybessey » January 6th, 2012, 3:57 pm

LOL CeCe - so do I! If you are up for a second one that would be great, then I only have three to do! LOL

By the way, any folks hosting a challenge (or two) please send me any supplies folks will need as soon as you know what they are (other than routine paper, adhesive, etc). I will be starting a new thread for that as soon as I know of something out of the ordinary that people will need. Right now I just know of a few things (a method to score paper, ribbon, printer with color ink)
kathybessey

Postby allandra42 » January 12th, 2012, 7:33 am

what type of prizes are people thinking would be good and about what price ranges? I have never done this. Lesa
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Postby CeCeCreates » January 12th, 2012, 8:16 am

allandra42 wrote:what type of prizes are people thinking would be good and about what price ranges? I have never done this. Lesa

Prizes are generally in the $5-10 range. No one expects more than that. I have only given 5 dollar prizes in the past. I did get a prize in the mail of "goodies" which no doubt was worth more than that, but it is really up to you. People do these challenges for the fun of it, for learning new things, and seeing everyone's take on the same challenge.

As far as prizes go, if you are a designer that sells files, you might offer a file for free, or a particular amount to spend at your "store". People like to give $5-10 prizes to spend at an online store such as DigiScrapKits (a favorite of mine), Lettering Delights, ScrappinDoodles, etc. I think Dawn and Tyler, etc. usually offer a certain amount to spend at their stores, or a free file, something like that. I have never won from them, so not sure. The beauty of files from online stores, then there is no shipping and handling involved. But if you want to put together a box of things like paper, ribbon, twine, etc., and offer that as a prize, that is always wonderful too.

Well, I have been rambling too much I think. Hope this was helpful to you. :D
CeCeCreates

Cutter: Black Cat 13 inch

Postby Elizabeth » January 12th, 2012, 12:09 pm

What CeCe said!

Well, I have been rambling too much I think. Hope this was helpful to you.

Not rambling, imo, just a nicely detailed answer.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kathybessey » January 12th, 2012, 12:16 pm

I completely agree Elizabeth! Thanks CeCe!
kathybessey

Postby allandra42 » January 18th, 2012, 7:17 pm

CeCeCreates wrote:
allandra42 wrote:what type of prizes are people thinking would be good and about what price ranges? I have never done this. Lesa

Prizes are generally in the $5-10 range. No one expects more than that. I have only given 5 dollar prizes in the past. I did get a prize in the mail of "goodies" which no doubt was worth more than that, but it is really up to you. People do these challenges for the fun of it, for learning new things, and seeing everyone's take on the same challenge.

As far as prizes go, if you are a designer that sells files, you might offer a file for free, or a particular amount to spend at your "store". People like to give $5-10 prizes to spend at an online store such as DigiScrapKits (a favorite of mine), Lettering Delights, ScrappinDoodles, etc. I think Dawn and Tyler, etc. usually offer a certain amount to spend at their stores, or a free file, something like that. I have never won from them, so not sure. The beauty of files from online stores, then there is no shipping and handling involved. But if you want to put together a box of things like paper, ribbon, twine, etc., and offer that as a prize, that is always wonderful too.

Well, I have been rambling too much I think. Hope this was helpful to you. :D

Thanks CECE awesome answer
Hours spent in my craftroom are considered by me "Time Well Spent"
Please visit my blog: http://timewellspentbylesa.blogspot.com/
allandra42

Cutter: 15 inch Cougar, 24 inch Silver Bullet

Return to January 2012 Card Challenge