LAST DAY!!!!!!!!!! Join us for the Christmas in July Crop

Re: Join us for the Christmas in July Crop July 8th- July 25

Postby CaseysAngel » June 26th, 2011, 12:01 am

Retta wrote:Okay - I have to ask - cause' I got so confused??? (need a smiling scratching head.) You are going to assign challenges to signees? I thought in most crops you try to do them all and just keep working till you did. Do you do it differently?

Besides - my challenge, you need paper, software (I am doing inkscape) and your cutter! LOL How easy is that.

NO way. I am not assigning anything.LOL It will be just like the other crops. We will post them all and you can pick the ones you want to do. If you can do them all WOOHOO!! I've never been able to manage that myself though a couple people have.
CaseysAngel

Postby Retta » June 26th, 2011, 10:37 am

I wondered. Sorry - I read something wrong. I don't get them all done either. But I have fun trying! Thanks Christy
Retta

Cutter: 13" Cat CS4/Inkscape signcut

Postby Gigi » June 26th, 2011, 12:01 pm

Well my daughter and grandkids are coming right in the middle of the crop, so I KNOW I won't get them all done, but am looking forward to it before and after their visit. Who knows - maybe there will be something the oldest one and I can work on and have fun. She always wants to make something in Grammy's craft room :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LisaH » June 26th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Gigi that would be so much fun and make fantastic memories!!
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby Gigi » June 26th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Yes it would - I am hoping!! She just texted me this morning (yes she is 10 and texting!!) and said she really missed me. Just makes my heart burst!

Hopefully there will be something EASY that we can do together!! She will probably do better without my help!! :hide: :ROFLMBO:

Gigi
Gigi

Postby LisaH » June 26th, 2011, 2:17 pm

I'm sure you will be able to find something! hey, if nothing else, make one of those paper bag albums....
LisaH

Postby Gigi » June 26th, 2011, 2:25 pm

LisaH wrote:I'm sure you will be able to find something! hey, if nothing else, make one of those paper bag albums....

I have to figure out how to use my Cinch first!! LOL!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Thyme » June 26th, 2011, 3:10 pm

The Cinch is great, much better than the Bind-it-all, you will love it
Thyme

Postby Gigi » June 26th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Thyme wrote:The Cinch is great, much better than the Bind-it-all, you will love it

I DID have a Bind it All (I know that comes as no surprise) but really didn't like it the few times I tried it. So donated it to an organizations that helps teenage boys who have fallen through the cracks and they are loving it. She has them making personal journals now :)

So - it took a while for me to get the Cinch - I didn't want to be in the same boat as the Bind It All - and think that is why I haven't really used it. But everyone seems to rave about it so I am ready to give it a try (as long as someone holds my hand through the initial process!!

Thanks Dawn!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Thyme » June 26th, 2011, 4:42 pm

I had a Bind-it-all too. I used it a couple of times and then put it away cos it was too fiddly and time consuming. the Cinch is way easier and quicker
Thyme

Postby gardencat » June 27th, 2011, 9:56 am

O/T to the Christmas crop but I'm interested in your opinion on this. I have been looking at picking up a BIA because I like the look of the rectangle holes but now I'm rethinking things, is the Cinch that much better?
gardencat

Postby CaseysAngel » June 27th, 2011, 9:59 am

gardencat wrote:O/T to the Christmas crop but I'm interested in your opinion on this. I have been looking at picking up a BIA because I like the look of the rectangle holes but now I'm rethinking things, is the Cinch that much better?

I can't answer which is better honey as I only have the cinch but I can tell you I LOVE it and when I asked the same question before getting one, the Cinch won.
CaseysAngel

Postby Retta » June 27th, 2011, 10:40 am

Don't know about the cinch - mine is the BIA. You have to have the metal binders though. The Cinch is it plastic? I love the BIA - but I don't know any better!
Retta

Postby CaseysAngel » June 27th, 2011, 10:52 am

Retta wrote:Don't know about the cinch - mine is the BIA. You have to have the metal binders though. The Cinch is it plastic? I love the BIA - but I don't know any better!

I use the bind it all rings in my cinch. I have some cinch ones but I go the bind it all ones on sale for $1.99 a pack at Tuesday morning so I use those a lot to.
CaseysAngel

Postby Retta » June 27th, 2011, 11:09 am

There are other places to get the metal binders, but It would have to be a group buy for me. They aren't seperated in a nice little pack - so you have to untangle them. :(
Retta

Postby Thyme » June 27th, 2011, 11:20 am

gardencat wrote:O/T to the Christmas crop but I'm interested in your opinion on this. I have been looking at picking up a BIA because I like the look of the rectangle holes but now I'm rethinking things, is the Cinch that much better?

In my opinion it is miles better!
Thyme

Postby gardencat » June 27th, 2011, 11:26 am

When you say Bind-it-all rings do you mean the long spring looking things that you use as a spine when you bind it? Or do you mean seperate rings that you just put through each hole? And if it is the long things, that you cut to the length you need, are they interchangeable between the BIA and the cinch?
gardencat

Postby CaseysAngel » June 27th, 2011, 11:27 am

yes it's the long ones you cut to length and they are interchangeable for me.LOL Like I said I use both in mine.
CaseysAngel

Postby PennyDuncan » June 27th, 2011, 12:26 pm

I too had the BIA and now have the Cinch....I gave the BIA to my future Daughter In Law.......It's very nice...but to me the Cinch is hands down better!!! Easier to use it....more versitile and a more substantial piece of equipment....
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Postby gardencat » June 27th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Wow Christy, $1.99 for a pack sounds like a good deal compared to the prices I've seen out there.
Thanks everyone for your input on this. I might have to hold off a bit on this since I'm still looking to order some things for my Cougar (more blades, extra mat, engraving and /or embossing tool, etc. etc. as well as some supplies from Tyler ) and there is only so much money to go around. Still I like to know what I'm looking for so if I come across a good deal I can jump on it.
gardencat

PreviousNext

Return to Christmas in July