JUNE CROP

Re: JUNE CROP

Postby Trisha » May 15th, 2011, 4:27 pm

I have been to real life crops, but not to an online one. It sound like fun! I'll need some instruction, please. And Thanks!

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby CaseysAngel » May 15th, 2011, 4:33 pm

Online crops are REALLY easy guys. The way it works is we post challenges here on the forum. You have a set time (usually the entire weekend) to do the ones you want, or do them all. Once you complete the picture you just simply post a picture of your finished project. it's THAT easy.

We don't have access to webinar Lisa but we do have skype! You can talk or type in there to!!
CaseysAngel

Postby rachellann » May 15th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Tyler wrote:
pigtailpat wrote:And if my cougar doesn't come in time for that - can I still participate even though I will be cutting with the gazzy?

This forum is not here to segregate people based on machines. I don't care if people are cutting with fingernail clippers... ;)

Thyme wrote:Lol Tyler, I think scissors may be a little easier!

Amen All are welcome
Helping where I can when I can.
Using a 24" Silver Bullet Pro and also have a 18" Cougar
rachellann

Cutter: 18 Cougar, 24"Silver Bullet

Postby sherri » May 15th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Another BIG SURPRISE....LOL I just KNEW you all liked crops so I put that in as a start up. I have nothing planned and anyone wanting to do one...please feel free... I LOVE the enthusiasim tho'! What is the July big crop.....maybe things will have slowed down and I can have some fun!
Sherri Jensen
That's Scrap, Inc.
sherri

Postby Trisha » May 15th, 2011, 8:16 pm

I posted about this once already, but it isn't showing up for some reason.

I've been to real life crops, but never to an online one. How does it work? What do I need to do? I need some instruction, please and thanks.

Trisha
In God We STILL Trust
Trisha

Postby veronika44 » May 15th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Wow can't wait to see the works of art. I am a lurker lol!
veronika44

Postby Elizabeth » May 15th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Hi Trisha, I just participated in my first online crop a week or so ago. I had no idea what to expect either. What happens is that at the beginning of the crop, the host/hostesses post challenges for you to complete within the time frame of the challenge. The one I did was from Friday evening to Monday evening, with 10 challenges. You can't use anything that is already started, and you have to follow all of the steps or rules set by the hostess for it to be complete. You can pick and choose what challenges you want to work on. You take photos of your finished projects and post them. There are sometimes prizes involved. I had a great time doing the challenges, and learned lots of new techniques. Hope this helps to answer your question. I'm sure some of the challenge experts will chime in with more info.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby scrpbooklady » May 15th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Sounds fun - count me in! I would actually love to sponsor/host a challenge for one of the crops. I'd like to do a scrapbook related challenge. I loved the card challenges at the NSD crop, but I am more of a scrapbooker and would love to host a page related challenge. I can do June or July - or both if there is room. Just let me know!

Lora
Lora

I'd love for you to stop by and visit my blog:

Notes from the Scrapbooklady
scrpbooklady

Postby kathybessey » May 15th, 2011, 10:44 pm

I am excited for a June crop!!! I did not get to participate in the past few as there were just too many things happening in my life. Things should start slowing down here soon and if doc appointment goes as I figure it will on Wednesday I will probably be home for a few weeks in June (carpal tunnel surgery most likely).

My first introduction to online crops (have never been to a real life one either) was for the Christmas Holiday -- it was HUGE! And I learned soooo much and had sooooooo much fun!!!!! Trisha you will have a blast if you play along!
kathybessey

Postby tambra77 » May 16th, 2011, 2:53 am

Tyler wrote:
pigtailpat wrote:And if my cougar doesn't come in time for that - can I still participate even though I will be cutting with the gazzy?

This forum is not here to segregate people based on machines. I don't care if people are cutting with fingernail clippers... ;)

its three in the morning here.. this made me sit up and laugh !!! just what I needed... got a visual of someone sitting with a pair of HUGE magnify glasses, headlamp and fingernail clippers... LOL
Tammy G
------------------------------------------
http://sassyscrappz.blogspot.com/
tambra77

Postby karenl3912 » May 16th, 2011, 5:38 am

So is there a June crop? Or was that just to get our attention? If there is who is running it? Or was the the idea to get someone to run it? My whole post is questions, sorry. I read both pages and got lost somewhere.
Karen.
karenl3912

Postby scrpbooklady » May 16th, 2011, 6:33 am

Maybe I got lost too - just got excited when I saw "crop" - virtual crops online are all that I do anymore - gave up on going to real crops cuz I just have too much stuff and can't ever decided what to take (the place that has them here is TINY and there isn't room to take much).
Lora

scrpbooklady

Postby PennyDuncan » May 16th, 2011, 6:38 am

Tyler wrote:

ROFL......Tyler you crack me up.....I'm visualizing someone cutting an intricate design with fingernail clippers!!! That's something I wanna see!!!! LOL
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby CaseysAngel » May 16th, 2011, 7:40 am

There WILL be a June Crop!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that help? We wouldn't tease you and not come through for ya!!!!

The BIG HUGE one will be in July though!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby scrpbooklady » May 16th, 2011, 7:43 am

AWESOME news! Just let me know if you need challenge hostesses - as I said, I'd love to do a scrapbook themed one.

Lora
Lora

scrpbooklady

Postby CaseysAngel » May 16th, 2011, 7:45 am

scrpbooklady wrote:AWESOME news! Just let me know if you need challenge hostesses - as I said, I'd love to do a scrapbook themed one.

Lora

Will definately do so!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for offering!!!!!
CaseysAngel

Postby Phyllis » May 16th, 2011, 10:50 am

Oooo, I want to join in on this crop. I've never done one but anxious. I will be gone the week of June 5th but can join in after that. I am mostly a card maker, making mostly cards for our soldiers so this will be a nice challenge for me.
Phyllis

Postby Suzan » May 16th, 2011, 11:03 am

Sharon wrote:
Tyler wrote:

I want to see the fingernail clipper art1 :D

I think we need four or five tutorials for that please.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Lindacrew4 » May 16th, 2011, 11:49 am

Thats an idea...Webinars?
Lindacrew4

Cutter: 13" cougar

Postby Thyme » May 16th, 2011, 2:52 pm

We will have webinars, I have some software to do that, we just need to find some time to be able to run them, but its on the to do list
Thyme

PreviousNext

Return to June 2011 Crop