Paper thoughts

Paper thoughts

Postby Tyler » July 12th, 2011, 9:27 am

What do people think of American Craft Paper or Core'dinations paper? Does it cut well?
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: Paper thoughts

Postby Suzan » July 12th, 2011, 9:30 am

AC Paper is great, I have some and I love it. It cuts really well.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » July 12th, 2011, 9:49 am

What about Trimcraft paper?
Tyler

Postby Mary Kobe » July 12th, 2011, 10:18 am

I use Core'dinations and love it! I have never had a problem cutting it.
Mary Kobe

Postby pigtailpat » July 12th, 2011, 10:54 am

While this is not a direct answer to your question....my favorite paper of all is worldwin. I simply love that paper.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Tyler » July 12th, 2011, 10:58 am

That is a good paper! I have really been noticing the importance of cutting with a good paper lately...
Tyler

Postby Gigi » July 12th, 2011, 2:33 pm

pigtailpat wrote:While this is not a direct answer to your question....my favorite paper of all is worldwin. I simply love that paper.

Pat

I echo what Pat said - that paper cuts like butter :) And they have new patterns like Treasures (that is like a linen texture) that also cuts beautifully....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » July 12th, 2011, 7:30 pm

I don't know that I have any of the American Craft paper, I have some Core-Dination but I don't think I have tried cutting it with my Cougar yet.

I would love to get some WorldWin paper if you start to carry that Tyler. I did buy some DoubleMates awhile back and I love the way that cuts... would love to get some of their other papers.
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Paper thought

Postby Tyler » July 12th, 2011, 10:58 pm

It's definitely something I'm looking into, but paper is a tough product! Not only to supply, but also to ship. And with so many suppliers that buy in HUGE bulk, it may be hard to be competitive and make it worth the time. We will see though! There are two different brands I am looking at, if not for the store, then for Nicki. I may be able to pull some strings though if you need some, Gigi! Just pm me.

I was cutting some DCWV last night and it didn't cut well at all. Switched paper brands and the design cut great! It's amazing the difference.
Tyler

Postby Gigi » July 12th, 2011, 11:56 pm

Thanks Tyler. I bought a ton of WorldWin paper back when Sherri used to carry it so I am good for a while. And I understand about wanting to be competitive - it's tough.

Would love to know what you end up getting - inquiring minds want to know!! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby luvthepaper » July 13th, 2011, 1:21 pm

I am a new owner of an 18" Cougar. I was cutting last night and had nothing but trouble with my Bazzill cardstock. Most of my stash is Bazzill. Overall would I have better luck if I was cutting cardstock other than bazzill? Thanks.
Cutting with a new 18" Cougar and my old KNK Element
luvthepaper

Postby Suzan » July 13th, 2011, 1:28 pm

Do you live in a humid area? That can cause paper cutting problems. And also what settings and blade were you using, and could you please describe the problems. That will help so we can answer your questions. I cut bazzill alot and had problems in the beginning but now it cuts well. Here are some tips, make sure it is stuck to the mat really well, I use a brayer and roll it over my paper on the mat, make sure you blade isn't chipped or dull, make sure you aren't cutting to light or deep. The test cut button will be your best friend right now for achieving the proper settings. Also are you using a cougar mat or a different one. Sometimes people use their older cricut mats, and depending on the condition of it, that could also cause problems. I hope this helps, and I am sure others will add other great suggestions as well.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby luvthepaper » July 13th, 2011, 8:31 pm

Well Suzan its not the humidity cause like yourself I also live in a very dry climate. As a new owner I didn't want to use my cougar mat right away as I am scared of ruining it. I have some new cricut mats that I would rather sacrifice to the learning curve. Have new blades of course as it is a new machine. Darn near cut right through the mat last night on a test cut where there was no paper under the blade. I am thinking I was trying something too small and intricate and that I should take it slower with something less detailed. If I continue to have trouble I will be back for help, rest assured. Thanks for your response.
luvthepaper

Postby CaseysAngel » July 14th, 2011, 5:39 am

DCWV And AC both cut GREAT. They are two of my favorities. DCWV is like bazzill though and you have to really watch your settings. I don't have the worldwin but I know Sheri just ordered a bunch and a pretty good price so you might talk to her (corwin ) that is.
CaseysAngel

Postby luvthepaper » July 14th, 2011, 12:58 pm

I recently bought some AC paper at my LSS so I will give that a go. Thanks for the tip.
luvthepaper

Postby scrpbooklady » July 15th, 2011, 9:30 am

I've only tried a couple of test cuts with my Lynx since getting it on Weds. but I know that with my Cricut, DCWV did not cut well at all. My favorite paper with my Cricut was American Craft but if I was careful with settings and such, Bazzill worked for me as well.

Next day I have off of work, I will do some serious playing with my Lynx to see what works best for me - and I do live in a VERY HUMID environment. I never thought about what impact that may have - but probably minimal as we run the AC 24/7.
Lora

I'd love for you to stop by and visit my blog:

Notes from the Scrapbooklady
scrpbooklady

Postby Tyler » July 15th, 2011, 1:48 pm

How do you all store your paper? I am running into a dilema - Nicki and I are running out of cubbies! lol What is the most space conscious, organizational, and cheapest way that you store your 12x12 paper? I love the wire paper racks, but those are a bit expensive!
Tyler

Postby Suzan » July 15th, 2011, 2:37 pm

I have some of those wired grid cubes. I assembled one, and with another I zip tied the grids into the cube. That way my paper lays flat and you can get nine shelves into one cube I think. I don't know how much the cubes are, but my boss used them for a display and got rid of a whole bunch, I tried to make it pretty by using colorful zip ties. But it works.

Well that is how I used to have my paper, but I have a super small space so I resorted to using cropper hopper files. Not the big ones, but the ones that look like a file folder sealed up. I found them on clearance , if I could figure how to ship the grids really cheap I would send them to you. I think I have about 40 of them.
Suzan

Suzan

Postby Tyler » July 15th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Do you have a picture - I would love to see what they look like!
Tyler

Postby Thyme » July 15th, 2011, 3:13 pm

A few large stacks on the floor is the most economical!!
Thyme

Next

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help