Help!

Help!

Postby LovePBandJ » December 23rd, 2022, 6:38 pm

I haven't used my cutter in years and I'm trying to cut vinyl. It is destroying the vinyl.
Im not getting clean cuts. It's tearing through the vinyl. I've done my best with settings, but clearly, its not good enough.
LovePBandJ

Cutter: SB Pro 24"

Re: Help!

Postby Gigi » December 23rd, 2022, 7:16 pm

Be sure your blade is not nicked. I would start there. And I reminder that it takes very little pressure, but I am guessing it is a nicked blade.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby LovePBandJ » December 24th, 2022, 1:11 am

It’s a brand new blade. How much pressure for Orocal 650 vinyl?
LovePBandJ

Cutter: SB Pro 24"

Postby Gigi » December 24th, 2022, 2:50 am

Brand new blades can occasionally be nicked - it happens. So don't assume that it is perfect - double check it. I cannot give you an absolute for cutting vinyl or anything else as it is dependent on how you have set your blade above the mat. There are some who cut vinyl at 4 - others around 20. Always use the test cut button to help determine that you have the correct force. What are you attempting to cut? If you can get a clean test cut then you should be able to cut a file without issue unless you are cutting a font. Fonts are vector files, but are not necessarily made to be cut. They are not all the same. Some fonts cut beautifully and others not at all. Just one more thing to consider if you are in fact cutting out lettering/words.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help