Noisy Machine

Noisy Machine

Postby vaudtzee » July 27th, 2022, 10:17 am

My 24" Silver Bullet machine seems to be getting noisier. I cleaned the pinch wheels and rollers. Has anybody else had this issue? Checked to see what maintenance and basically just cleaning pinch wheels. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Bec
vaudtzee

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Re: Noisy Machine

Postby Gigi » July 27th, 2022, 12:18 pm

Can you elaborate on what you mean by noisy? Is it a high-pitched noise? Does it come and go? Noisy could mean a lot of things or nothing at all.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby vaudtzee » August 3rd, 2022, 11:18 am

Here is a video of my machine while it's cutting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vaudtzee

Postby Gigi » August 3rd, 2022, 2:26 pm

Becky -

Thanks for the video. I watched it several times as did Sherri. As long as your machine is cutting well, we are not concerned. Sherri thought it could be the material you are cutting. You can try cutting just a lightweight piece of card stock and see if that changes teh noise - just to rule out if it is the material or not. But...these machines can make a variety of noises - they are all different.

Thanks for the information. Happy cutting!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » August 4th, 2022, 11:03 am

I took a listen as well, I didn't hear anything that I considered loud or not normal compared to my cutters. I did hear a bit of a "clicking" noise over the whine and hum of the machine bit I can't say that is not a normal noise. I confess It's been a while since I have cut with my machine, but the whining and humming has always been there with my cutters and I have been cutting with cutters since 2006.) It appears that you are cutting wall vinyl - is that correct? I cut a lot of vinyl with my cutter over the years, both Wall and HTV. I'm wondering if the clicking is the vinyl caused in part by the vinyl and/or the backing in some way - if it's not well stuck down might be catching but not enough to cause a problem cutting - just guessing here. I'm with Gigi, if its cutting correctly, I'm not sure there us anything to be worried about.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby vaudtzee » August 4th, 2022, 4:37 pm

Ok, I won't be concerned. And yes I was cutting vinyl. I appreciate the responses back so quickly.
vaudtzee

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help