Cutting Silhouette Stamp Material

Cutting Silhouette Stamp Material

Postby Cardsbym » June 2nd, 2022, 12:23 am

Has anyone tried cutting the Silhouette Stamp Material using the Silver Bullet?
I have tried using the Silhouette Stamp Mat and the 60degree blade offset with Speed on 25 and Pressure 100, however it was not successful. The stamp material did not adhere strongly enough to the backing and so buckled/ warped as it tried to cut. I tried taping the material down but still did not work.

Has anyone ever successfully cut this material?
Looking forward to hearing any suggestions.
Merril
Cardsbym

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet

Re: Cutting Silhouette Stamp Material

Postby Gigi » June 2nd, 2022, 2:23 am

I do not recall anyone using that material, but you can certainly do a search for it and see if any posts come up. I would definitely use the sticky mat for the material and that would at least give you a "firm" surface that won't buckle. And I would suggest doing a multi-pass at a lower pressure as that will give you cleaner cuts. I don't know how thick the material is, but perhaps you need the 60 degree plus blade? You said you were using the 60 degree offset blade so not sure which you are using. I know we have had users successfully cut stamp material, but not sure if it is that specific stamp material. Hopefully someone will have a better answer. I am just starting with basics as I have not even seen the material, but am imagining what it could look like!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help