Tech Bug or User Error, Some Assistance Would be Appreciated

Tech Bug or User Error, Some Assistance Would be Appreciated

Postby FrinNick » May 11th, 2022, 9:42 pm

Hello! First I'd like to preface that I recently purchased the 24" Platinum Dual-Head Silver Bullet (it arrived on the 6th of May) on a whim and also because I enjoy doing crafts, and I absolutely love this machine! It was a little bit of a learning curve, but nothing a Saturday morning and a couple cups of coffee couldn't solve! It's been a blast messing around with the machine and Sure-Cuts-A-Lot.

There's one problem that I encountered when I was figuring out the SB, and it had to do when I was working with it in it's 'offline' mode setting it's origin point. Seemingly at random when I was adjusting it's X-axis with the > or < arrows, when I released, the blade apparatus continued to go to the left or right without any input. It wouldn't stop, and eventually once it reached one end of the machine, it'd keep trying to move which would create a rather intense rumbling noise (from the rubber belts allowing it to move), the only way I could get it to stop is if I turned off the Silver Bullet and return to normal.

I have no idea what is causing this issue, whether it's a bug of some sort of user error. I'd rather alleviate in a way that isn't just not setting the origin point manually, as that is my preferred method to cutting and not so much WYSIWYG. That and I would rather not have the rubber belts strip or damage the machine in some way if this issue persists.

Unfortunately I don't know how to replicate this phenomena, but any and all help is appreciated. As it's quite literally the only issue I encountered in the time I have spent with the SB and all is well otherwise.
FrinNick

Cutter: Silver Bullet Platinum 24"

Re: Tech Bug or User Error, Some Assistance Would be Appreci

Postby Gigi » May 11th, 2022, 10:31 pm

Efrain -
Let me start by saying I thoroughly enjoyed your enthusiastic "review" of your new machine. It is really quite rare to have someone enjoy the machine so early on since there is quite a learning curve and many get discouraged before they become more confident. You have managed that rather quickly - good for you. I also have a 24" SB and love it, but I have owned a SB since their inception around 2012 - and played with every configuration. And I still can find little things that surprise me - that I just have not tried before. It is a great machine!

Regarding the issue you describe - I have the same one. Unfortunately, the only way to get it to stop is to turn the machine off and back on. It does not hurt the machine, and we have not found a way to eliminate the issue, as we cannot replicate it. The machine just seems to move too far to the right out of the blue, whenever you are moving the carriage to the right. I just re-read your post and you seem to have the issue with it going to the left or right. That is new to me. We know of it going to the right, but not both directions. And it is not about cutting origin or WYSIWYG, because you still must move the blade and set the origin either way.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but I don't. I can assure you, it does not affect the performance of the machine in any way. Yes, it is annoying, but it will not damage the machine. And it is not user error! Hope that helps in some small way.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby FrinNick » May 11th, 2022, 10:43 pm

Hiya Gigi! I appreciate the response!

Not gonna front, I may have set the blade and cut my mat on the first try. But it's all a part of learning! Plus playing with new toys are always fun for me.

It's also good to know that this isn't user error. I can live with the tech bug, as this isn't a deal breaker, just thought I'd reach out in case there was something I didn't know! But now that you mention it, it really has only gone to the right, which for some reason I find quite funny.

Time to get back to brewing more ideas! Thank you again.
FrinNick

Cutter: Silver Bullet Platinum 24"

Postby Gigi » May 11th, 2022, 11:10 pm

I love your attitude! Thanks for that! And I am much happier knowing that it is only going to the right. I didn't want you to be the one with a "new" bug!! Again, thank you for understanding. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Keep having fun! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help