Repositionable Spray?

Re: Repositionable Spray?

Postby Tyler » July 12th, 2011, 9:28 am

I got some - so far, I like it because it dries quickly. I still a haven't gotten a good method down to spraying it. You really don't need much, so be careful when you do try it!
Tyler

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Postby pigtailpat » July 12th, 2011, 10:57 am

I can add if you are over 40 - don't try spraying at night in bad light. Yup, you can't see worth a darn and will overspray it. Been there and done that.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Tyler » July 12th, 2011, 10:58 am

Oh few - another 15 years!
Tyler

Postby Gigi » July 12th, 2011, 5:38 pm

We were on the same wavelength Diane - got the same thing to try the other day!!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Angel135612 » July 12th, 2011, 7:28 pm

CAGigi wrote:We were on the same wavelength Diane - got the same thing to try the other day!!

Gigi, I think we are long lost twins, because we think alike in a lot of areas... LOL So, as your twin, I think you should send me the Foil Master, to test out for you FIRST, to make sure it works okay, before you have to figure it out. That way I can help you if you run into any problems.... or I could just do all the foiling for you and then you don't have to deal with it... LOL :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO: :ROFLMBO:
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » July 13th, 2011, 12:21 am

My Diane - that is so very gracious of you - but I think I will wait for my foil to arrive first and try it out. I have been an only child for WAY too long!! :ROFLMBO:

But I will be more than happy to share - you just have to come here!!

You get an A for effort though!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Angel135612 » July 13th, 2011, 8:01 am

LOL Thanks Gigi... but I don't see me going out to CA any time soon... so I guess you will just have to suffer through learning how to use the Foil Master on your own. :D
Angel135612

Postby MeFlick » July 20th, 2011, 1:31 pm

Suzan wrote:I think the cougar mats are a little thinner than the cricut mats to begin with. So they might work better. So very jealous, our nearest HL is over 4 hours away.

Well Susan - I have access to two Hobby Lobbys (actually 3 but one is "on the other side of town! LOL) , about to have a 2nd Michael's, a Jo Ann's and an AC Moore sooooo . . . . let me know if I can ever help you out with anything you need from one of these! LOL

(I live in across the county line so really some of these are in two different towns - though Knoxville does in fact have 2 HL plus 1 M's and 1 AC Moore, then the other HL and M's are about same distance in different direction, town) but kids go to school in Knoxville!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Suzan » July 20th, 2011, 2:29 pm

Thanks I will keep that in mind, I didn't even think of AC Moore. Wow I am super jealous now. I really keep telling hubby we need to leave the desert and move some where more human.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Tyler » July 20th, 2011, 4:44 pm

Thought I would report -

So I got the 3M spray - I am really liking it! It is pretty strong, and doesn't require as much spray. It seems to do a similar job as does the krylon (while still needing less), but it dries in a minute or two rather than a half hour. I got it off of Amazon for 9 bucks plus shipping (and they accidently sent me two cans :-) ). Definitely a great repositionable spray.
Tyler

Postby Gigi » July 20th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Suzan -

It's not the same, but I recently found out that you can order from Hobby Lobby online . I don't have one either, so that helps when other stores don't have what I want/need!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Thyme » July 21st, 2011, 3:35 am

Tyler wrote:Thought I would report -

So I got the 3M spray - I am really liking it! It is pretty strong, and doesn't require as much spray. It seems to do a similar job as does the krylon (while still needing less), but it dries in a minute or two rather than a half hour. I got it off of Amazon for 9 bucks plus shipping (and they accidently sent me two cans :-) ). Definitely a great repositionable spray.

NOW you see why I told you I didn't like Krylon when compared to the 3M
Thyme

Postby Angel135612 » July 21st, 2011, 9:10 am

Lucky you Tyler....I got some at Office Depot last week with a coupon they sent me in the mail, ($15 off a $25 purchase) and so I got a few other things and still spent less than the spray alone would have been with out a coupon.
I tried it yesterday on one of my cricut mats, and that stuff is totally awesome. I got a little too much in one spot, and had a bit of a problem removing my paper, but other than that, I was amazed at how well it worked. I didn't even tape the edges of my mat or clean it off first.. just a quick spray, and I was good to go again. I had been using watercolor paper to cut out some of Pennys roses and my paper kept moving, after I sprayed.. not one problem.
Angel135612

Postby Tyler » July 21st, 2011, 10:10 am

It is amazing how much less ruined paper you have when it is stuck down well to the mat. I hate it when a paper piece doesn't stick and causes tearing in the cut - it is ruined. Before, I hated to spray it because it would take forever to dry and stuff, but now it can be done quickly right there and is practically dry by the time I have everything else set up.
Tyler

Postby Angel135612 » July 21st, 2011, 10:28 am

That is so true Tyler... it seems that the paper doesn't move (if it's going to) until the very last part is being cut, and then the whole piece of paper is ruined. It never moves when it first starts to cut, where you could stop and salvage some of the paper.

Using any of the other methods of restickying the mat, you would have to plan ahead... whether using the Zig 2 way, or the Tack it over and over, or even another spray. If you want to start cutting something and realize your mat isn't sticky enough, you would have to stop what you are doing to get it resticky, and then go do something else while it dried. If I had to do that, then I would forget to go back and do what it was I wanted to do... and it would have to wait for another day after that. And I HATED to stop crafting to clean the mat before I could resticky it. I so think this spray, even though it isn't cheap, is so worth the extra money, and it will last a long time, so in the long run, by saving time to clean and wait, it is very much worth the extra money.
Angel135612

Postby Tyler » July 21st, 2011, 10:30 am

Now I need a good way to quickly clean the mats. I have a chemical cleaner that does wonders for removing the adhesive. I just feel like there is a little residue left that I don't really like. I need a remover for the remover I guess!
Tyler

Postby scrpbooklady » July 22nd, 2011, 12:33 pm

Just stopped by work (Michael's) and picked up a can of the Spray Mount adhesive and WOW - it's so much quicker and easier than the Tack It Over and Over mixture! I had tried some other repositionable spray but it was way TOO tacky and my paper always ended up tearing but this worked beautifully.

Now, to make some type of stencil to layover the mat so I can protect the edges from the spray without the taping. Any ideas?
Lora

I'd love for you to stop by and visit my blog:

Notes from the Scrapbooklady
scrpbooklady

Postby Tyler » July 22nd, 2011, 12:37 pm

Take an old mat and cut out the inside of it. That works pretty well!
Tyler

Postby scrpbooklady » July 22nd, 2011, 12:44 pm

Good thinking! I had thought of using one of the clear cover sheets but figured that might slide too easily. I have an old mat that has a big crack in it - that should do the trick!

Thanks Tyler!
Lora

I'd love for you to stop by and visit my blog:

Notes from the Scrapbooklady
scrpbooklady

Postby Phyllis » July 22nd, 2011, 2:10 pm

That stuff is really good, I've been using it for some time now. I just tape off the edges with painter's tape, although I'm not sure why because the rollers roll over the middle and pick up the glue anyway, they don't even touch the sides. Is this a logical theory or not? LOL.
Phyllis

PreviousNext

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help