What brand cardstock do you use?

What brand cardstock do you use?

Postby BigNeLLyMarko » January 2nd, 2020, 9:15 pm

Hi there! My husband just got me the Silver Bullet 13 for Christmas after hearing me complain about my Cricut not getting as detailed as I wanted it to be. HA! Anyhow, I was wondering what brand Cardstock do you use. Where do you purchase it? I currently use Recollections, that I get at Michael's. Thanks!
BigNeLLyMarko

Cutter: PRO 13

Re: What brand cardstock do you use?

Postby Gigi » January 3rd, 2020, 2:35 am

Welcome to the Silver Bullet family. You will be amazed at the detail you can get and how fast you can cut your projects. I cut a wide variety of card and text weight paper. I love Neenah Solar Crest (white) for card bases and get much of my card stock from Paper Temptress (online). I will get a lighter weight card stock (Georgia Pacific) at Target or Walmart for projects where I don't need a heavy weight.

Are you looking for a recommendation for a colored or white card stock or a certain weight card stock? As I recall, Recollections is a lighter weight card stock, right? There is no reason you can't use what you are used to, especially while you are learning and getting used to this new machine. If you need more info, just ask. Happy to share all of the different brands I use, just not sure exactly what you are interested in.

Have fun learning and getting to know your new best friend! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » January 3rd, 2020, 8:05 am

Welcome to the SB family and the forum. Gad you have joined us. Like Gigi, I use a variety of brands of card stock. I regularly use what I can buy at Walmart (Georgia Pacific) and Micheals. Are you just asking in general or, are you having some issues? Give yourself time to adjust to the differences in using a Cricut and the SB - they are definitely different machines and it can take a little time to get used to the differences but most of us have been there. I converted from using a Cricut and once got the hang of these cutters, have never looked back. That's probably been at least 10 years ago now. The SB line gives me so much more than any of my Cricut's. Make sure you go through the Learning Center information and ask questions here before if you have any. Look forward to seeing what you create with your Bullet. What kind of projects do you like to do?
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby BigNeLLyMarko » January 3rd, 2020, 10:30 am

I ask because I just feel that there is better stuff out there. I will look into your recommendations, thank you for them. As for my interests, right my main two things are Cardstock creations, and HTV. This summer I started teaching myself Adobe Illustrator and hope to make my own designs. Here are a few of my creations, the houses are Cricut pattern. The trees are my design. I also recreated the unicorn in AI and cut it with my SB. So far I am so happy with it. I literally packed up the Cricut last night. BYEEEEEE. HAHA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BigNeLLyMarko

Cutter: PRO 13

Postby MeFlick » January 3rd, 2020, 1:33 pm

Lots of cute projects. While my two kids were in school and sports I did a ton of HTV projects for them, myself and their teams. My SB cutter made it easy for sure. They are now just out of college and half way through grad school so I haven't done a lot of HTV recently except for my sister and my niece who is a Senior in High School and on color guard. Expecting a great niece and a great nephew in the next couple of months though so I figure I will get to do some more soon. Love your little houses.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Gigi » January 3rd, 2020, 10:11 pm

Love your projects. With HTV you often get better results cutting from the back side - if you have problems. Just remember to mirror any lettering! :)

There are tons of quality card stock materials out there. I just depends what you are looking for. papertemptress.com carries a wide variety of quality and unusual card stock. You can also find great card stock online at ginakdesigns.com, marcopaper.com and more. If you are looking for a specific color or style let us know and maybe we can direct you better.

Gigi
Gigi

Postby SandieGeek » February 4th, 2020, 3:10 pm

For albums and cards I like to use Maker Basics a Paper Phenomenon product. I use 80 lb for albums and 100 lb as base for my cards. You can find some of my creations here https://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index ... s&u=406749
SandieGeek

Cutter: Professional 13

Postby Justin120585 » June 3rd, 2020, 1:09 am

American Crafts cardstock cuts beautifully with cricut(https://beonhome.com/best-printer-for-cricut/). I've used Bazill but I had trouble with detailed cuts... then I realized if you oriented the "grain" of the CS it wasn't so bad. Too bad I went through several sheets before I realized this. I vote AC cardstock. :D
Last edited by Justin120585 on June 11th, 2020, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justin120585

Cutter: Prospective buyer

Postby Gigi » June 3rd, 2020, 10:09 am

And another trick - if you are having trouble with card stock, try cutting it on the other side. It can make a world of difference. Bazzill can just be a stickler to cut. Gratefully there are a lot of great card stocks out there to choose from - and yes, American Crafts is great. :)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby cowolter » June 14th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Tears while cutting cardstock can be super frustrating! I have had good luck using Neenah https://onplanners.com/invitations/wedding (astrobrights, wausau 18-color), though the green dyed sheets, for some reason, can develop microtears along the edges on occasion, even when using the Silver Bullet
cowolter

Cutter: Black Cat Cougar

Postby frede55 » May 17th, 2022, 5:19 am

Justin120585 wrote:American Crafts cardstock cuts beautifully with cricut(https://beonhome.com/best-printer-for-cricut/). I've used Bazill but I had trouble with detailed cuts... then I realized if you oriented the "grain" of the CS it wasn't so bad. Too bad I went through several sheets before I realized this. I vote AC cardstock. :D

I bought these American crafts ac cardstock scrapbook pages for one of my best friend’s wedding photos that I took. I am always skeptical when purchasing online but this product stood up to what was Advertised. Significantly least expensive and great for people like me who are just getting started.!! It is thinner than a mat but it worked very fine.
frede55

Cutter: prospective buyer

Postby Gigi » May 17th, 2022, 9:24 am

Yes! American Crafts makes an easy to cut card stock and they have an array of colors too. It is definitely one you can rely on. Thanks for reminding all of us. There are online vendors that carry "cutter friendly" card stock as well, but this is a great one to use to learn. You don't feel as guilty if you damage some while learning! :)

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help