Order and direction of cuts

Order and direction of cuts

Postby Vin » April 17th, 2018, 1:42 am

Can I tell my SB cutter which lines to cut first and in which direction to cut? I used to use a KNK with this capability. It had arrow directions on specific nodes that you could control, so if you found that your paper was getting caught in certain tight spots, changing the node at which the blade started a cut usually solved this. I'm wondering if SCAL has the same capability? Thanks
Vin

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet

Re: Order and direction of cuts

Postby MeFlick » April 17th, 2018, 7:20 am

What software are you using with the cutter? That is more a software function I believe.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Vin » April 17th, 2018, 12:37 pm

I'm using Sure Cuts A Lot
Vin

Postby Gigi » April 17th, 2018, 1:06 pm

SCAL does not have that feature. (I double checked with our other expert to be sure). You can try "Reverse Path" to see if that helps and you can always edit the nodes. Often changing a tight corner node (90 degree) into a slightly rounded node can make all of the difference in the world. There is a designer on here who taught me that - her files were intricate and she would found all of her corners. When cut they would look like a 90 degree angle, so the appearance didn't change, but making it slightly curve made the cuts smoother and more seamless.

Hope that helps. I don't know what specific issues you are having so am kind of flying in the dark here! If your design is node intensive, you can also "simplify path" which can make a lot of difference too and improve your results.

Good luck.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Vin » April 17th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Thanks Gigi. Yes I've found this as well, the blade doesn't catch as much on rounded corners. For sharp corners that need to stay sharp, I've had to separate the line and send it to the machine as a separate cut. Not an ideal solution but seems to work ok. Perhaps the SCAL gods are listening and they will have a software update in the near future? ;)
Vin

Postby Gigi » April 17th, 2018, 4:45 pm

The blade should not be catching. Be sure you dont have it extended too far. I cut sharp angles all of the time with no issue. Just double check your blade.

And you can always email Brandon at info@craftedge.com and ask him to consider adding that feature as an option. :) He likes hearing from others rather than me all of the time! :):)

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Vin » April 18th, 2018, 12:24 am

I will definitely make a suggestion to Brandon.

Thanks for your help!
Vin

Postby Gigi » April 18th, 2018, 12:51 am

You are very welcome. And do double check the height of your blade just in case it helps.

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help