Vinyl Cutting

Vinyl Cutting

Postby justukex » July 25th, 2017, 8:09 am

I am trying to cut 170 microns vinyl with silver bullet and my 60 degree (completely new) blade keep scratching the paper.
Has anyone got any advice please?
justukex

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24

Re: Vinyl Cutting

Postby Gigi » July 25th, 2017, 8:28 am

I would suggest you use a 45 degree blade to cut vinyl - the 60 degree is made for thicker material.

You don't give very much information. Are you cutting with or without a mat? When you say it is scratching the vinyl do you mean when it moves from cut to cut across the design? It sounds like your blade is set too low. Use the setting tool to set your blade and do a test cut to be sure you have the correct pressure. If you are using a mat, be sure that it is well brayered to the mat.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby justukex » July 27th, 2017, 5:25 am

Hi Gigi, thank you for your reply.

I tried now cutting with 45 degree blade, and it seems to be better, but still not great. I have attached some pictures below.

I am cutting with a mat. It scratches once it comes to a curve or corner, not across the design. Have a look at my pics. Thank you again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
justukex

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24

Postby Gigi » July 27th, 2017, 7:15 am

If you hadn't just changed your blade, I would say you might have a nicked blade. I would still check it to be sure. It could also be your design. If the nodes are not done well in the design you could have it pull at a corner. You could also have the blade too low or the vinyl might not be well brayered. Have you tried cutting without the mat? Can you cut just a simple square and circle with clean cuts? I would be sure to have success there first. Once you are doing that well, try the file again. That would help eliminate whether or not the file is at issue. Is this the first problem you have had? Just trying to narrow it down.

If you want to attach your design, we can look at it and I am happy to test cut it to see if I have an issue with the design.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help