Re-usable stencils

Re-usable stencils

Postby Nannae » November 23rd, 2016, 5:42 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has ever cut stencils. I teach classes at our local museum and I purchase many stencils. I'm wondering if this machine would save me money and cut me stencils.

If you have I would love to see what you have done.
Thanks
Nannae

Cutter: Prospective buyer

Re: Re-usable stencils

Postby MeFlick » November 23rd, 2016, 6:43 pm

Yes, this machine will easily cut stencils. You can search the gallery to see if you can find anyone who has shared photos there. You can also search the forum (top right corner with the white box with the search button next to it.) Whether it "saves" you money or not - well that depends upon how much you spend regularly now on stencils you buy versus the cost of the machine. ;) If you regularly buy a lot of stencils - then yes - if you occasionally buy them - then maybe not. Depends on which machine you get and how long it takes to "earn" your investment back in self cut stencils!
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Re: Re-usable stencils

Postby Gigi » November 23rd, 2016, 6:50 pm

We have many users who cut stencils - many of us for personal use on our projects and others who have businesses creating and selling stencils. One of our longest users, Tami, has been designing and selling stencils for a long time. Here is her site on Etsy to give you an example of what can be done. https://www.etsy.com/shop/Howsewears

You can also go to http://www.silverbulletcutters.com to see many different examples of materials being cut, and you can search for things like "cutting stencils" and find a wide variety of posts.

Thanks Melanie for answering so thoroughly as always. We were typing at the same time! :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help