Beginning user needs font help

Beginning user needs font help

Postby sewin44 » April 2nd, 2016, 9:54 am

How do you tell if a font is cutter friendly? Is there a list somewhere or an easy way to tell? I am so excited, I made time to play with my new silver bullet yesterday. It is fabulous! Had a problem with the orientation being on the wrong setting, my machine was staying in pause. Found the answer in FAQ in learning center. I was impressed to say the least. Does anyone have a force setting suggestion for plain scrapbook paper(not cardstock)? Thank you.
sewin44

Cutter: 15 silver bullet

Re: Beginning user needs font help

Postby Gigi » April 2nd, 2016, 11:12 am

On the scrapbook paper, I would try 30-40 and work your way up. Use the test button so you don't waste paper. There are a lot of different weights to scrapbook paper so hard to know. Just experiment with the test button and you will find what works for you and your machine.

I know we have talked about cutter friendly fonts on here before - you can try searching the forum. Or even easier is to google it! There are a lot for sale, but there are just as many or more for free. Not all files will cut well depending on the person making them. You can view your letters from the font in the node mode and see just how many nodes there are. Remember that each node is a message to the machine to cut and some fonts will have node on top of node on top of node. You can really see it when you zoom in.

Hope that helps for starters...
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help