SB and SCAL 4

SB and SCAL 4

Postby jonesusthree » September 14th, 2015, 1:32 pm

Hello. Wanted to know if anyone could help me with a couple questions using scal 4 pro. I don't use it often and needed to use it today. My questions are: how do i remove the white background from an image. When I trace an image that is not simple line art (that I have no problem with), it wants to cut all the intricate details of the image not just the contour. On the SCAL forum it gives an example of a snowman but that is a basic trace. I'm trying to cut around some bottle cap images I purchased from Etsy using the print and cut feature so that my inner image prints and cuts around the 1.5 inch circle. I hope i have not complicated that too much :? I'm using a Mac and intermediate SCAL skills. I came from Silhouette DS. Again I have been to the SCAL forum, I have searched high nd low for tutorials on the net this is my last resort thanks for your time:) happy Monday!!! :banghead:
jonesusthree

Cutter: New Owner of a SB 24'

Re: SB and SCAL 4

Postby Gigi » September 14th, 2015, 3:18 pm

I usually don't have a problem with that - have you tried the black out option? That should give you an outline trace.

On rare occasion I have had to convert it to a PNG in photo software. sometimes you can just bring the image into SCAL, break apart and remove the white. If you want to send me the image I am happy to play with it later today when I have time. There are lots of different ways to tackle it. I have yet to understand why some images with a white background trace fine and others don't.

Feel free to upload it here, PM it or email it to me: admin@silverbulletcutters.com
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help