Flame proof material for candles. Any tips?

Flame proof material for candles. Any tips?

Postby MMiad » August 11th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Hello. I've been battling with the concept of creating decorative candle lamps that will take a naked flame without danger of catching fire, melting or letting off toxic fumes.

I have designs that use LED tealights, but there just isn't enough power in those things to be effective, and would like to make the transition to naked flame tealights.

I would like to be able to make all the components inhouse from raw materials using my laser cutter and Silver Bullet.

Has anyone got suggestions for the types of flame/heat resistant materials I could use?
From Concept to Creation
www.facebook.com/lumigrafika
MMiad

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Re: Flame proof material for candles. Any tips?

Postby Gigi » August 11th, 2015, 7:07 pm

I have put tealights in wine glasses with parchment covers that can be cut on the machine or have used square glass containers and real or fake candles for light and put vinyl on the glass and have also etched them, but that's all I have. I know that isn't what you mean. :(

Personally I like the flameless candles, especially the luminaries that flicker and look so real. The ones I have are really bright, but I did originally have some that were "weaker" as far as the flame was concerned. I love a real scented candle but also appreciate not having to worry about them if I leave the house or forget to blow them out when I go to bed.

Hopefully someone here will have an idea, but I am at a loss for anything other than decorating/embellishing a premade container.......
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help