Spitting out my cutting mat

Spitting out my cutting mat

Postby adhst » July 26th, 2015, 4:11 pm

Every time I try to cut the silver bullet spits out may mat. I have set and reset the origin point and tried to not feed the mat all the way in. It still spits out the mat!!!!
adhst

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Spitting out my cutting mat

Postby Gigi » July 26th, 2015, 5:47 pm

This is a pretty common new user error. You can go to the FAQ section of the learning center to see answers to the question.

Are you cutting WYSIWYG or origin? Be sure you are setting your origin in the lower right hand corner of your paper/card stock. And you might want to use the test pen while you are getting oriented so you can see where things are going to cut in relation to where you have them on the mat.

If you cut WYSIWYG, it is easiest to figure out if you make your virtual mat the same size as your cardstock. Then when you sent the origin in the lower right corner of your media, you will know exactly where it will cut. I would say the vast majority of us cut using origin (unless we are using the pen tool and then cutting or adding fold lines with a different tool) because it is easy to know that the image will cut where the origin is set -
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help