New User Question

New User Question

Postby Silhouette » July 23rd, 2015, 1:27 pm

I'm considering buying a machine and want to know the differences between the Silver Bullet and the BlackCat series machines. Also, does one have better software for creating my own 3D designs (from paper). I'm new to writing in Forums, so I hope I've posted this to the right place.
Thank you
Silhouette

Cutter: Prospective Buyer

Re: New User Question

Postby Gigi » July 23rd, 2015, 1:40 pm

The Silver Bullet is a newer and improved model of the Cougar. I would caution you in buying a Black Cat Cougar only because you have to be sure you are purchasing a machine from an authorized dealer, and none of our authorized dealers have NEW Cougar machines. So if you are purchasing a used machine, you would need to be certain that the machine originally came from someone authorized to sell. The details of the trademark are well detailed on the internet and you can click on the "That's Scrap" tab above to get additional information.

All of the details on purchasing a used machine are spelled out under the Items for Sale Category here viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5580

The Silver Bullet comes with SCAL 4 - the newest version of the software. If you purchase a used machine, you would need to purchase additional software - they do not come with software.

I hope this helps address your primary question.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: New User Question

Postby kmmhug » July 24th, 2015, 12:44 am

Both the Cougar and the Silver Bullet use the exact same software though so software wise it does not matter.
Kathy
kmmhug

Cutter: Cougar 18" Cameo

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help