Trouble cleaning the pinch rollers . . .

Trouble cleaning the pinch rollers . . .

Postby mrsefs » July 19th, 2015, 12:17 pm

Hi,
I have had my SB cutter for just a short time. As with everyone, there is a learning curve and my biggest issue seems to be cleaning the rollers. I am following the instructions from the SB Learning Center with the Goo Gone. I can get my rollers to feel and look clean, but then after a short time they feel sticky again (and I haven't loaded a mat to cut yet). Of course, if I then try to load the mat I end up with the rollers picking up parts of the paper or vinyl as I've seen in other posts.
I don't know if I'm being too timid with the Goo Gone or if it's something else. I don't want to ruin the rollers so I thought I should ask.
Good news is, once I get them "unsticky" again, I will use the painters tape when the rollers are going to come in contact with the mat.
Thanks for any advice.
Kathy
mrsefs

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet Pro Series

Re: Trouble cleaning the pinch rollers . . .

Postby Gigi » July 19th, 2015, 1:04 pm

I was going to suggest the Painter's tape for the future but you already have that in the plan!

I have used both Goof Off and Goo Gone. I have had good results with the Goo Gone - but you don't have to be timid. As long as you are using a product that does not have alcohol - you are fine. You won't ruin the rollers. You can use a "scrub daddy" (love those things - use that on my mat) or something with a little non abrasive texture if you find you need a little extra scrubbing power, but you should be able to get the sticky off. I wouldn't worry about a "little left" if you are going to use the painter's tape.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby mrsefs » July 19th, 2015, 8:56 pm

Gigi,

Thanks for your note. I have clean rollers again. I did use more Goo Gone (didn't worry after your note) and then I left the machine alone for a few hours to really let it dry. I think part of the problem was that I was trying to clean and then cut right away and there is moisture left in/on the rollers. I just ran something through and it's just like new.

Kathy
mrsefs

Cutter: 13" Silver Bullet Pro Series

Postby Gigi » July 19th, 2015, 10:01 pm

Terrific. Thanks for letting us know :)
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help