Cutting Vinyl

Cutting Vinyl

Postby blbolinger » July 7th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Are there any chart for cut settings for different materials? Attempting to cut permanent vinyl and it isn't cutting deep enough..how do I know what to set the force and velocity at? I have worked through all the tutorials on the Silver Bullet website but no real help for settings and cutting different materials. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
blbolinger

Cutter: Silver Bullet Pro 24"

Re: Cutting Vinyl

Postby Gigi » July 7th, 2015, 6:39 pm

If you go to the learning center under FAQ, there is a set of SUGGESTIONS for cutting different materials. They are only suggestions as everyone sets their blade a little different. You can also do a search for items on the forum like "vinyl settings" and you will see everything from 4 to 30 - showing how each machine is different and each blade is set a little different based on the user.

The best way to learn the cut settings is trial and error. That is how most of us who have had machines before suggestions existed have learned. Let the test button be your new best friend. It will save you from wasting material and once you have a clean test cut you will know that it will cut THAT material at that setting. Then keep a notebook of some sort - the manual that came with the machine or something else and keep track of the settings for the brand of paper, type etc. I still look up things I dont cut as often as others.

You can also save your material settings in the software so you have easy reference.

Don't be afraid to just TRY with the test button - start low and work up in increments of 10 until you are close and they you can go up in smaller increments. You will get to the point where you can get close to guessing the cut setting on a material you have never cut just from experience and feel.

Be sure to brayer your material well if you are using a mat.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help