Machine stops midway thru cut

Machine stops midway thru cut

Postby jonesusthree » May 22nd, 2015, 12:22 pm

Hi there!!! Trying to finish a job, and for some reason my machine keeps pausing midway thru the cut!!! On my MAC screen it reads cut complete and on the led screen on the actual machine it says pause,I have tried several times, same thing happens!!! I saved my work and shut down SCAL as well as powered off machine? Any thoughts or ideas as to what might be happening??? TIA!!!
jonesusthree

Cutter: New Owner of a SB 24'

Re: Machine stops midway thru cut

Postby PennyDuncan » May 22nd, 2015, 2:25 pm

hey jonesusthree.....While I don't own a MAC I seem to remember something about needing to disable a Napapp or something like that.....does that make sense to you???? Otherwise I'm sure others will chime in when they see this!!!!
Have a Blessed Day...Penny Duncan
http://pennyscreativearthaven.blogspot.com
PennyDuncan

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby MeFlick » May 22nd, 2015, 4:44 pm

How big is the file you are trying to cut? If large, your computer could be going to sleep BUT since it sounds like you are getting the message on the computer that it has completed (it has completed sending the data to the cutter) and it is your actual led screen on your cutter that is saying it is paused, I wonder if the problem is that you have your mat too far over to the left side of your cutter and it is being thrown into pause mode when it goes outside of its cutting range.

Even though it looks like you have the 24" wide cutter, there is still a limit to how far left it can cut. The actual cutters are larger than its cutting range to allow for getting mats in and out of the machine, etc. This means that you cannot go too far to the left with your mat or you will go outside of the range of your machine.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby jonesusthree » May 27th, 2015, 10:13 am

Thanks for your suggestions!! Sorry just now getting back to it!!! I had to throw in the towel and break out my silhouette to finish the job:( Not really sure as to what the problem was:/ I will be using my SB this evening and will take all those suggestions into consideration:) Have a great day!! Thanks again
jonesusthree

Cutter: New Owner of a SB 24'

Postby Gigi » May 27th, 2015, 11:08 am

Just a reminder - this question is addressed in the FAQ section of the learning center. Always check there first - you might be able to find an answer quickly that way! Hope you get things figured out - please let us know!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help