cutting issues

cutting issues

Postby janrichards » May 20th, 2015, 5:23 pm

OK, folks, I am at my wit's end trying to cut some things, mostly fonts. I have a new 45 degree blade (from Sherri), a new mat, have reset my machine and cleaned it and all of the rollers. I am using Recollections paper from Michaels, something I have used for a long time, and I am having to set the pressure up to 55-60 to get it to cut through and then it is not a great cut. What else should I try?
Jan
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Re: cutting issues

Postby Gigi » May 20th, 2015, 6:23 pm

First of all, cutting the Recollections paper at that pressure is not high. That is about what I use to cut card stock roughly that weight.

I am guessing the issue may be the font itself. As you know cuz we say it a lot :), all fonts are not created equal - some cut much better than others. Have you looked at the nodes to see if it is node intensive? How large are you trying to cut it. All of that could be playing into the results you are getting. I would start back with getting clean cuts on simple shapes to be sure you have the blade set correctly and then try a font or whatever you need/want to cut. Try cutting something you know you have cut before successfully.

Is your mat sticky enough and are you brayering the card stock down? Also be sure, even though you have a new blade, that it is not chipped.Every now and then a new blade can be defective. It doesn't happen often, but it can happen.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby janrichards » May 20th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Thanks GIGI it may be the font. I gave up on it and did something different. I am going to try some simple cuts and see how it goes.
janrichards

Cutter: 15" Lynx

Postby Gigi » May 20th, 2015, 7:42 pm

You are welcome, Jan. Please let us know. And do double check your blade if you have trouble with even simple shapes........
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help