Cutting out image from professional printer??

Cutting out image from professional printer??

Postby dianebeckman » April 21st, 2015, 9:21 pm

Hello,

I have the potential for some work for someone that is in the wedding invitation business. I understand that the Silver Bullet is able to print and cut.
I will not be doing the printing. It will be professionally done and then given to me to cut out in fancy shapes around the image.
Reading what I see online the forum talks about using my own printer.
What I want to know is can I set up the art work on Illustrator or In-Design or S-Cal onto 11" x 17" paper? Set registration marks and then set up the cut file and matching registration marks? Align the paper in my machine and then cut?
Is there information on how to set up the registration marks and more detail on how the print and cut works. I would love to be able to do this as it will provide me income and that is why I bought my Silver Bullet.

Thank You, Diane Beckman

Wanting to love my Silver Bullet
dianebeckman

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Cutting out image from professional printer??

Postby Gigi » April 21st, 2015, 11:08 pm

The instructions for setting your own registration marks in Illustrator and then doing a print and cut are in the Learning Center - it's the last option under SCAL>Cutting from SCAL...

We have quite a few users printing on a different printer and then cutting on the Silver Bullet. I would recommend that you have a good understanding of the regular print and cut first before you move to this step, just so you don't make it harder on yourself. If you are already there, then great!

You can also do a search on the forum for this topic as it has been discussed many times and you may find more information that is useful for you - or people you can reach out to if you have a specific question.

Good luck.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help