Can the SB cut around an image?

Can the SB cut around an image?

Postby Cheryldec » April 17th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Let me first say that I am not asking about the Print and Cut function. I thought I read somewhere that there was a way to cut around an image - example: I want to it around an image on patterned card stock. Is there a way to do that? Thanks!

Cheryl
Cheryldec

Cutter: Silver bullet 13"

Re: Can the SB cut around an image?

Postby Gigi » April 17th, 2015, 3:50 pm

Yes - but that has nothing to do with the Silver Bullet per se. That is the new Scan2Cut feature included in SCAL. If you search that topic on the forum you will see a video on how to do it. There are also videos on YouTube.

Here is the main thread about it viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5616&p=93621&hilit=Scan+2+Cut#p93621

Hope that is what you meant....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » April 17th, 2015, 3:52 pm

That is really not a function of a cutter alone, it is a function of the cutter and the software program being used with the cutter. But yes, with the right software like SCAL (or MTC as well) the SB and the Cougar machines can do what you are asking about with a little work on your part. You will also need to have a scanner to scan in the patterned card stock you are wanting to work with to begin with.
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby Cheryldec » April 18th, 2015, 7:23 am

Thank you. I'll give it a try!
Cheryldec

Cutter: Silver bullet 13"

Postby Gigi » April 18th, 2015, 9:52 am

You are welcome.

The other thing you can always do (just giving you options :)) is scan the paper, save as a jpg, bring it into SCAL with the "Place Image" and then manually trace the inner design that you want. I have used the manual trace a few times and have gotten much better at it. It's really not as hard - and easier if you zoom in so your image is larger so you can see what you are doing!

Good luck with whichever you try. There is no right or wrong - just whatever gives you the best result or feels easier to manage!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help