S.O.S Print/Cut on a Mac Scal 4 with inkscape

S.O.S Print/Cut on a Mac Scal 4 with inkscape

Postby jonesusthree » March 17th, 2015, 12:42 pm

If there is anyone who can help me out, I would greatly appreciate your time!!! As indicate I'm using a Mac w/ SCAL pro4 trying to do a print and cut of a bambi image that i found on google. I am able to take it from the image and convert it to an svg using inkscape, though I'm not entirely sure that I need to do that? What i seem to be having a problem with is I can't break the file apart enough using the layers pallet to just get the solid back ground like I can using SilhouetteDE:/ (it might be called a vector line so that it cuts the outline and prints the image)If any one is able to explain this to me or best show me a video using these platforms I would be ever grateful!!! Thank you!!!
jonesusthree

Cutter: New Owner of a SB 24'

Re: S.O.S Print/Cut on a Mac Scal 4 with inkscape

Postby Gigi » March 17th, 2015, 2:12 pm

Instead of doing it the way you did it, bring the image into SCAL with the Trace Image feature. Trace it using the blackout check box so you just get the outline. Some jpgs are difficult to trace and some trace easily - depends on how "clean" they are drawn. Be sure you just have an outline trace. You may need to play with your contrast and detail numbers to get the result you want.

Check the box that says keep image (in the trace screen) and click ok. Am typing this from memory so hoping I have the right things in my mind! When you close the trace screen, you should have the image and the outline appearing on the software mat. Select the jpg image and select Print Cut Print - and then select the image outline (the vector) and select print cut cut. That way the program will know what to send to the printer and you don't have to worry - it will print and cut the right parts.

You should not have to break anything apart ideally.........

LMK if that helps....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby jonesusthree » March 17th, 2015, 5:14 pm

Gigi, thanks for always coming to the rescue!!! i will give this a go;)
jonesusthree

Cutter: New Owner of a SB 24'

Postby Gigi » March 17th, 2015, 10:29 pm

You are welcome. Hope it helps....
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help