Embossing cardstock, this worked for me.

Embossing cardstock, this worked for me.

Postby JensMom » February 22nd, 2015, 5:03 pm

I see there is not much activity on the Cougar board since the Silver bullet came out, but wanted to make this posting just in case someone is looking for a solution to embossing paper.

I tried using the mat that I got with my machine, I purchased the everything package, but found that it was way too thick and was leaving marks where the pinch wheels were contacting. I started using a few different types of "cushion" for the paper and thought, hmmmm, fun foam, and it worked perfectly. I was able to emboss an entire page of snowflakes and they came out perfectly. I did not use water or anything else, I just attached the thinner foam (bought at Michaels, Creatology brand) to my mat making the size of mat I needed, in my case it was 8.5 x 11. Each sheet of the foam was 6x9 so I used 2 close together. I put my cardstock over that, and taped it down with blue painters tape. I put in the embossing holder in using the middle size blade nub and arranged the target page so the pinch wheels could not come over the paper. I used 2 CD's to raise the blade holder so it was off the paper. I set the machine at first at 4 passes at 90 force (pressure) using Make-the-Cut and did an oval shape. I had to fiddle with the force (pressure) just a bit to get it to give me a good impression. I found that 120 worked really well and did 1 pass and viola, it worked great. No marks on the paper from the wheels and I embossed an entire of assorted snowflakes which were really detailed and it looks lovely. Just wanted to share!! :D
JensMom

Re: Embossing cardstock, this worked for me.

Postby Gigi » February 22nd, 2015, 6:45 pm

I have used fun foam as well too - it's fun to experiment. Thanks for your input. Did you say which type of card stock you used? I think that would be helpful to anyone wanting to emboss.

And I wanted to clarify - there is not a Cougar or Silver Bullet board - we support both machines completely. I just think there are probably more Silver Bullet users now so there may be more postings from them. But your tips will definitely help everyone. Thanks for sharing!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Embossing cardstock, this worked for me.

Postby Angel135612 » March 2nd, 2015, 10:04 am

Hi JensMom ... long time no see!!!!!! Love your tips on embossing.. will have to give that a try when I have a chance.
How have you been?? What all have you been making??
Glad to see you on the forum again!!
Diane in Colorado Springs
The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
Angel135612

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help