Print to Cut

Print to Cut

Postby CJFY Studio » February 11th, 2015, 10:45 pm

Hi Gigi,
I followed the directions on the web site for setting registration marks on my printed piece of paper. Now how do I tell the Silver Bullet to read them when I load the paper? Thank you!!
CJFY Studio

Cutter: 24" Professional Series

Re: Print to Cut

Postby Gigi » February 11th, 2015, 11:30 pm

I am assuming you set the registration marks using Illustrator?

You will need to read the directions on how to do a print and cut in the Learning Center under the SCAL software section (it's in the drop down menu). There is also a video that explains it as well. The pictures are using SCAL 3 so the interface will be a little different if you have SCAL 4, but the basic instructions are the same.

Be sure you calibrate your machine before doing your first print and cut - that is also explained in the steps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby MeFlick » February 12th, 2015, 8:11 am

CJFY Studio wrote:Hi Gigi,
I followed the directions on the web site for setting registration marks on my printed piece of paper. Now how do I tell the Silver Bullet to read them when I load the paper? Thank you!!

Just to be clear, the Silver Bullet does not "read" the registration marks when you load the paper. There is no "optical eye" or anything that "reads" registration marks. You the user have to use the laser light to align to the registration marks to get proper alignment. As Gigi noted, you need to read the directions on how to do a print and cut in the Learning Center to learn how to do that properly. You will also need to make sure that you have first done the calibration of your cutter and gotten your correct X and Y offsets to ensure an accurate print and cut. (These settings tell the software how far your blade is from your laser light and will vary from machine to machine.)
Go Vols!
MeFlick

Cutter: 18"Silver Bullet & More

Postby CJFY Studio » February 12th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Thank you both Gigi and MeFlick. I will check this out.
CJFY Studio

Cutter: 24" Professional Series

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help