Cutting and Scoring with Origin Point!

Cutting and Scoring with Origin Point!

Postby NancyL » February 10th, 2015, 12:25 pm

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I figured out a way to cut and score cards without having to use the WYSIWYG setting. I put a rectangle around the card cut edges so that the origin point will always be the lower right edge of the rectangle. I hide the cut lines of the card, leaving just the score lines, and the rectangle, which I score with the engraving tool. Leaving the mat in the machine without moving it, I now hide the score lines, and show the cut lines, but still leaving the rectangle there. Now it will cut around the rectangle and then the card itself. Did that make sense or am I not explaining it well? :)
NancyL

Cutter: silver bullet 13"

Re: Cutting and Scoring with Origin Point!

Postby Gigi » February 10th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Yes it makes sense. So you are essentially scoring and cutting the cut line - I get it.

I still use WYSIWYG when I score and cut, but I move it all to the lower right corner and set the origin - so I am basically doing what you are without needing to score the box - but totally understand what you are doing.

I am all for whatever makes it easier and hopefully this will help others. Thanks for sharing!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help