Glitter heat transfer vinyl

Glitter heat transfer vinyl

Postby jonesusthree » January 30th, 2015, 12:44 pm

Can anyone give me a few suggestions as to starting of point for my f/v? I have tried a few and either the force or the depth of the blade is causing the heat protectant film to lift while cutting. Still trying to nurse this cut on my silhouette but i can't get it to cut all the way thru my material even with a double cut it just needs to cut a slight bit deeper so i tried on my SB and I'm sorta frustrated!!!!!! I'm about to start pulling my hair out!!!ANy help would be great! tia
jonesusthree

Cutter: New Owner of a SB 24'

Re: Glitter heat transfer vinyl

Postby Gigi » January 30th, 2015, 1:01 pm

Why don't you give us a little more info. Which blade are you using. Is the material well brayered down? Are you using the setting tool to get the blade in the right position? Your blade should not be out far at all as the material is quite thin - at least what I have seen is. Be sure your blade is not out too far. I assume you are using sheets - so be sure your mat is sticky enough to hold the material.

EDIT - just did a search on the forum for glitter HTV (good resource for answers) and Kim suggested the 45 degree blade at a force of 105. Most have said that the glitter HTV takes a slightly higher pressure.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby jonesusthree » January 30th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Gigi....I'm sending you a HUGE virtual hug!!! it worked!!!!I appreciate your time as always!!! First time i've cracked a smile today!!!!it can be soo frustrating for a newbie. I have tried to take my time in between orders to learn this beast, but boy is it a BEAUTY!! Cut like BUTTER!!! Ever grateful!!
jonesusthree

Postby Suzan » January 30th, 2015, 1:56 pm

Wow that is high force. I usually cut my glitter htv out at 47. But my blade may be a little further out.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby jonesusthree » January 30th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Suzan U had such great results with the 105I wonder if i should try 47 to save my blade:) I have a another quick question. In SCAL PRO4 how do i draw a box around the text so that it makes weeding easier? I'm coming from silhouette and things are placed differently or called different in both programs;(
jonesusthree

Postby jonesusthree » January 30th, 2015, 2:01 pm

lol I had such great results with the 105!! ROFL
jonesusthree

Postby jonesusthree » January 30th, 2015, 2:12 pm

Suzan, I brought it down to 45 and it's superb!!!Thanks again ladies!!! I can go to my daughters cheer competition this weekend with all my hair!!! no i just need to figure out how topical a bow around the image in Scal to make my weeding easier:)
jonesusthree

Postby jonesusthree » January 30th, 2015, 2:15 pm

laughing at myself i drew bow around it as i would have in the silhouette and changed the view mode to cut lines and the bow was there!!! Wow it's been a rough Friday
jonesusthree

Postby Gigi » January 30th, 2015, 2:48 pm

Suzan wrote:Wow that is high force. I usually cut my glitter htv out at 47. But my blade may be a little further out.

Suzan - I thought it seemed really high as well but several had commented that the glitter HTV was really hard to cut. And I agree - I think it has a lot to do with how far the blade is out coupled with the force. Thanks for your input as always.

And Denise - glad you got it to cut well at both forces! I always prefer a lower force if I can get away with it!! Glad you hung in there - yes it can be a beast, but it is a beast worth taming!

Gigi
Gigi

Postby Suzan » January 31st, 2015, 11:08 am

I know it has to do with how far all of us have our blades out. And there is no right or wrong way. I have found for me, that having my blade out just a tad microscopic farther out, cuts better for me. LOL. It could be a nightmare for someone else. Glitter HTV is nasty I hate it. I did a spiderman for my daughters nephew and I thought the red would be so pretty in Glittery HTV RED, Well that went away after the first shirt. LOL. The birthday boy got the special one, everyone else got plain old HTV. I find living in the desert my rots within about six months. I think it is too dry here in the desert.
Suzan
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!

http://www.simplycustomforyou.com
Suzan

Cutter: 13" Cougar 15" Silver Bullet

Postby Gigi » January 31st, 2015, 11:43 am

You are so right, Suzan about how much blade is out. That's why it is so difficult to give an "exact" pressure for anyone for a given material - there are so many individual things that can vary...

I have heard nightmare stories from so many about cutting HTV - haven't heard anyone rave about it other than how it looks afterward...but the process is a pain - right?? love what you did for your daughter's nephew - way to make him feel special and still give everyone else the same feel!! Brilliant move and probably sanity saving!

Never thought about drier climates being harder on vinyl. Is it just the HTV?? Just curious...

Gigi
Gigi

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help