Cracking noises from mat

Cracking noises from mat

Postby dianebeckman » October 23rd, 2014, 3:10 pm

Hello,

My mat is now making cracking noises as the cutter is cutting. It is a 24" x 48" size. Why would it be making cracking noises? Is there a problem if I continue to use it?

Thanks, Diane
dianebeckman

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: Cracking noises from mat

Postby Gigi » October 23rd, 2014, 3:42 pm

IS it cracking or just a noise like that? Mine will sometimes hit the back table depending on how I place it and make a different noise for a second, but there is no cracking.

Are you running the pinch wheels over the same spot over and over? Can you see what is happening when you hear that noise?
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby kim » October 23rd, 2014, 7:37 pm

Mine sometimes makes that noise. I think it is the rollers rolling on the glue portion of the mat, not the actual mat cracking. I just place my rollers on the edge of my mat (I have the 24" machine which allows me the perfect placement of my rollers on the mat I use).
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby LisaH » October 24th, 2014, 12:04 pm

Or place painters tape on the mat where the rollers will be going - just not under your media or you won't have good adhesion to cut your project. ;)
LisaH

Cutter: 24" SB Pro

Postby kim » October 27th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Wish I had a "LIKE" button...like your idea of the painters tape, Lisa. I use the mat that is somewhere around 12x18 inches and it fits perfectly between rollers on my 24" machine. It is one of the reasons I don't use my smaller mat and only use the larger mat when I have something that requires it. LOL.....it is just perfect for me. But prior to this discovery, I do remember hearing that crackling noise when I cut and discovered that it was the mat/rollers because of the adhesive....scary sound at first.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help