? Cut on back side of mat

? Cut on back side of mat

Postby dianebeckman » October 21st, 2014, 5:42 pm

Hello,
The top of my mat has lots of cutting lines on it. If I clean the mat well, can I make the back/reverse side of the mat sticky and cut on that side?
Thank You,

Diane Beckman

Still trying to even like my machine.
dianebeckman

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Re: ? Cut on back side of mat

Postby Gigi » October 21st, 2014, 9:23 pm

First of all, your mat will have cut lines on it - those are the lines the blade makes going through the adhesive. If you can run your fingernail over them and they aren't too deep, then you are ok. Your blade should not be cutting INTO the mat - just the adhesive. And when you clean the mat the stickiness will return.

Now -if you have cut into the mat and the blade is catching in the cuts, you can use the other side. I would cover the original side in contact paper or something to keep it smooth and then put ReNu on the back side.

But I would suggest that you work with the test cut more first so you are not cutting into the mat as that will not only reduce the life span of your mat but will take a toll on your blades as well. I am making some assumptions since I can't tell how deep the cuts are. Hope this helps.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: ? Cut on back side of mat

Postby kim » October 23rd, 2014, 7:39 pm

I've used the backside of a mat. Just make sure the original sticky side is either cleaned of all adhesive or that something is covering it.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help