Newbie trying intricate cuts! HELP!

Re: Newbie trying intricate cuts! HELP!

Postby RedPunchDesign » November 5th, 2014, 11:15 am

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice on these cuts. My detail blade works nicely!! I'll post some pics when the project is complete :) I used the 100 lb felt cover, v=15 f=95. It started out with some shapes out of the library working really nicely. So i would pause it and lower the force. 95 was working great, but then it stopped working at 95 and I put it to 120 to work. Not even a minute worth of cuts and I think the blade tip broke. It definitely isn't a point anymore. But it still works at 120 better than the regular 60 degree blade.

Elizabeth, I'm going to do two passes with less force to see if that will help take out the small die.

Paola, thanks for letting me know the specs for that intricate design. Maybe I need to stick with a smoother paper in general, at least for something like that frame you made so nicely!
RedPunchDesign

Cutter: Silver Bullet 24"

Postby Gigi » November 5th, 2014, 11:49 am

I would definitely stick to smooth paper for intricate designs. And 15 is awfully slow - painfully slow. Did you mean 150? That would make more sense! I can remember when I was learning and cut everything at 100 and I thought that was fast :) I have cut very intricate designs at very high speeds, but definitely used smooth paper. I think your instincts are right there. Save the fibrous paper for simpler designs.

I am a bit confused that you had to change your force - you shouldn't have to do that at all, but then again you said the blade tip broke so even if you are cutting, your cuts will not be clean because of that.

Good luck with your experimentation.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Postby Paola » November 20th, 2014, 3:36 pm

Thank you RedPunchDesign!
I'm sure I will have similar jobs to do in the near future, I can post the v and f I use for future projects if that can help.
The pros in this forum say it well, give yourself time to learn your machine. It's not long that I have mine but every new project I have makes me better.
Good luck!
Paola

Cutter: Silver Bullet 15"

Previous

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help