Offset Help!

Offset Help!

Postby MendyRap » September 17th, 2014, 3:47 pm

I have to ask, I have a blackcat I am using with a detailed blae holder with a 45 degree blade. The package from the blade says that it has a .45 offset, but I have my offset at .30 and I have set my calibration and it is pretty spot on! My question is what are the offsets for each blade using the detailed blade holder? I have looked and not had any success finding an answer for all 3 degree of blades. I would appreciate clarification foe my confusion! I stay that way a lot! Haha!
MendyRap

Re: Offset Help!

Postby Gigi » September 17th, 2014, 4:10 pm

According to the BC Learning Center, the blade offset should be .30mm for the two blades. There are only two detailed blades.... the 45 degree detailed blade and the 60 degree detailed blade. These blades are not interchangeable with the regular 45 and 60 degree blades. These blades, along with the 60 degree plus blade are only made to go into the the click blade holder or standard blade holder. Hope that helps.

For those using the Silver Bullet, an offset of .6mm is recommended for detailed blades and .25mm or .30mm for regular, per the learning center. It's possible that these may slightly differ so adjust accordingly. Pictures show.30mm, test recommends.25mm.

Trial and error is always a good way to get it perfect, but at least this gives you a starting point.
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Re: Offset Help!

Postby Thyme » September 17th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Offsets apply to both Black Cat and Silver Bullet

Detail blades, both 45 and 60 - 0.6mm
Standard blades, 30,45 and 60 - 0.25mm
60plus blade - 0.7mm
Thyme