print and cut only at one speed?

print and cut only at one speed?

Postby Choi to the World » September 16th, 2014, 12:00 pm

I've been muddling through the world of print and cut. I've successfully completed my first P+C project with a couple work-arounds. Gigi generously offered to look at my file but I had some issues trying to get the file to her and I had an art show which switched my focus. I won an award (and a decent prize package) for my pop up cards and decorative accessories! Sooo exciting I wouldn't have the volume I needed for a show like that if I was still cutting by hand! So happy with my silver bullet!!! I digress... thank you Gigi!

My question: does print and cut only run at one speed? I've been doing well with a 450 velocity setting, I thought I'd up the speed a bit to save some time. I'm printing and cutting hundreds of earring cards for a store, the accumulated time saved would be significant. I upped it to v-650 but as soon as I enter print and cut window it automatically drops back down to 450. hmmm.
Karin Marlett Choi
Leader of a one-mom cottage-artistry
churning out paper-cuts, pop-ups & prints, oh my!

http://www.intertwingle.etsy.com
Choi to the World

Cutter: Siver Bullet 18"

Re: print and cut only at one speed?

Postby Gigi » September 16th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Be sure you don't have your speed checked in the software box where it determines the speed. You can cut it at whatever speed you want, but if you have the box checked in the software, it will default to that.

Click on the scissors button or the drop down "cut with my silver bullet, and be sure the "use software to set speed and pressure" box is unchecked. I have a
feeling that is what is happening.....

And you are welcome!
Silver Bullet Admin/Tech Support

Happily using an 24" Silver Bullet Platinum

Gigi
Gigi

Cutter: 18" Silver Bullet Pro, Foilmaster

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help