ReNu Sheet leaves sticky dots on paper

ReNu Sheet leaves sticky dots on paper

Postby pasiphilo » December 5th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Hey, gang. I haven't been to the help forums in quite a long time... which could be interpreted as a good sign, right? :lol:

Anyway, I finally used a ReNu sheet for the first time to renew the adhesive on my SB mat, which it did, but now it's leaving a residue of sticky dots on the cardstock I'm cutting after I peel it off. I had followed the instructions for applying the ReNu sheet with the squeegee, so I'm not sure if I did something wrong. Anyone else have this problem and figure out how to get rid of the sticky dots residue?

Thanks in advance!
pasiphilo

Cutter: Silver Bullet 13"

Re: ReNu Sheet leaves sticky dots on paper

Postby Barbara » December 5th, 2013, 6:09 pm

You need to rub the ReNu on harder or for longer.
Barbara

Postby Elizabeth » December 5th, 2013, 8:14 pm

I had this happen the first time I used the Renu. If you do what Barbara says, you should get better results next time. Mine stopped coming up pretty quickly, and the Renu still lasted a long time. I love this stuff!
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » December 14th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Yep, rub the renu sheet for a longer and harder time. You may get a few stray dots, but it won't hurt anything. You will love this stuff....it really is the best I have found to "renu" your mats.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby pigtailpat » December 14th, 2013, 4:25 pm

when my can of repositionable glue is finally exhausted (I bought the scotch 3m stuff on dawn's suggestion quite a long time ago), I'd like to try the renu myself. Thanks for posting the tips on using it, I'll be sure to remember this.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Postby Elizabeth » December 15th, 2013, 1:47 pm

You will love it, Pat! I put my can of repositionable spray glue back in my sewing room, where I use it for basting small quilts.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
http://shrinkingmimsy.blogspot.com/[/url]

Totally addicted to cutting with my new 24 inch Silver Bullet!
Elizabeth

Cutter: 24" Silver Bullet

Postby kim » December 15th, 2013, 3:28 pm

I have a plethora of different adhesives which I have put into a container for future use. I am sure I can use it for something. LOL. I only do the renu sheets on my mats....just cannot beat them. When I want to renew my mats, I don't want to have to clean them/wash them/tape them off/ spray them/roll on/paint them. It is sooooo much easier to just renu them and continue on with what I was working on. And the adhesive lasts so much longer between renewing and the adhesive is soooo much better. With the weather we have down here, the ReNu sheets have been my savior.
Mommy to a Silver Bullet 24" , a Black Cat Cougar 24" AND a Foil Master!
kim

Cutter: SB 24" and BC 24"

Postby pigtailpat » December 15th, 2013, 5:16 pm

wow that says alot that you guys prefer the renu even when you already have stock of other adhesives. Well, when I get ready for an order -might try.

Elizabeth, for fabric basting of quilts, I prefer the 505 stuff exclusively. The problem is it is so expensive and not easy to get. I keep looking for deals on it, but so far haven't found anything like the original deal I got on it (half off at joann's). And I am so low on the stuff too. Well I will just have to keep looking! It'll be awhile before I baste another large quilt. The cathedral window will keep me busy for quite awhile (no basting with that one), and I have another quilt behind it already basted.

Pat
New owner of an 18" cougar and the gazelle...still a newbie at the cougar and will soon explore it............
pigtailpat

Return to Tips, Tricks, Community Help